• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• spiritual or religious
    How do you feel you see yourself? Religious, atheist, spiritual, agnostic; and why?

I don't think this specific topic was discussed; I couldn't find any threads like it.

Basically, I think I'm spiritual mixed with some agnostic, if that makes sense. I just don't know, but I have to believe that there is more after this physical realm. How can the skies, trees, heavens, earth the universe in the physical all just come together without a creator. Possible, I suppose, but in my opinion highly unlikely. Some would argue that everything happens in its time and need, and what we have is just  reactions to things happening. Science, so to speak.

Well, I think God Created Science and although the Bible is the book I learned from growing up, of how and why everything was created I also had Science books not that I did good reading or applying either of them in my school life, I now believe it's a mixture of the two.

energy cannot be created nor destroyed; only changed. I love to think of the process of the Ice block melting to water, then evaporating to steam. Spiritually we have bodies with a soul that when we die, the physical energy stops and the spiritual energy , the soul, goes back to the source energy...

If you believe in god, then it's God, not the source energy "it" the scientific energy I imagine, can become "god" or "He/Him"

Are there devils and angels, or are they a metaphor used to describe characteristics of just Alpha and Omega energies and the differences between them? Energy or spirits, broken off of or made from the likeness of the creator, each used to represent a specific energy or trait? Some label it good or evil, love or hateful, etc.

So it's a mix of both (the truth is usually in the middle). But dealing with only Physical and spiritual is not comprehensive, since there are things in the physical universe that are at play and I have no idea of, and the spiritual side, hell, even LESS of what I think I know, so I'm a happy Spiritual agnostic, I choose to believe in something, but I know I don't have all the details to know for sure.

again, I apologize if this is redundant.... I'm getting déjà vu, but I couldn't find a thread on the topic, so I'll share my thoughts in this post. One thing I do know, is that whatever you believe, if you believe it with your heart, then you are correct. The universe is everything, the nothing in between as is the spiritual the everything, and the nothing. So even if you truly believe in your heart that nothing exists, you are right, in my belief, by acknowledging nothing, you are still acknowledging God. IMHO
    wildcard liked this post
    Also, do you believe what is happening to you is the result of random chaos, or do you think what's happening to you is meant for you; sort of like a life plan?

As spirits, undescribable energy that can reincarnate because it can't be destroyed, I believe we put ourselves on certain road maps to see how we react and in turn, learn from the experience. Strengthen the weaknesses, so to speak.
    This thread made me begin to think about a way to codify my thoughts on this, but I am finding that I have a hard time doing that.

I guess I'll have to just say, I don't really believe in the spirit, anymore. I won't deny that each person seems to be more than just a composite of various organic materials— that each person has an element that gives them "personality." All I am saying is that I am over forty now and I am still waiting on any evidence that anything supernatural exists.

I don't know everything, so I am willing to admit that it is possible. I just can't personally see it.
    LZA liked this post
    (10-04-2021, 08:39 AM)wildcard Wrote:  This thread made me begin to think about a way to codify my thoughts on this, but I am finding that I have a hard time doing that.

I guess I'll have to just say, I don't really believe in the spirit, anymore. I won't deny that each person seems to be more than just a composite of various organic materials— that each person has an element that gives them "personality." All I am saying is that I am over forty now and I am still waiting on any evidence that anything supernatural exists.

I don't know everything, so I am willing to admit that it is possible. I just can't personally see it.

I agree with you...A lot of the times. BUt I still get these things that make me believe what I said in my OP. BUT Politux and I would talk, and I told him he is most likely right, but for me, and now, I CHOOSE to believe what I said (ignoring logical questions I may have) to make myself feel better, as knowing something exists is better and less depressing than knowing it just ends (I don;t need any more depression).

So you are not wrong... You said it all when you said you don't know everything,... Nobody does, and as matter of fact I am with my opinions they are just that, opinions. What the fuck do I really know... I should replace the word know with hope.