• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• gun control
    And the Americans have been murdering each other, as well as folks in other nations, ever since.
    This is not a "they lived happily ever after" story.

You are far safer living in Canada then you will ever be in the United States.
    But if you come north to visit us, you will have to leave your gun at the border.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    canadians are vicious, ignorant savages Sad

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    We will leave our guns at the border? Who says? You gunless Canadians? I don't think so. We would bring as many guns as we needed, and more, to take your wasteland of a country from you.

that those with no rights,
    display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
    a world commiting suicide
    Read this:

Taking Guns Into or Through Canada

Importing a Firearm or Weapon Into Canada

- Robert A. Heinlein
    In the United Kingdom, firearms are very tightly controlled by law, and while shooting organisations provide some opposition to existing legislation there is little wider political debate on the subject as UK public opinion heavily favours strong control.

The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world. There were 0.04 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2010. Gun homicides accounted for 2.4% of all homicides in the year 2009.

I personals think all guns should be taken out of civilian hands.
    the" intentional homicide" stat is laughable. and other crime rates in the UK have risen in the past years. rapes, burglaries, etc.

Fistfull of xanax
    Gun Murders in England, Scotland and Wales 2011/12
    There were 640 Murders / Homicides in Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) in 2011/12 (10.43 per million population)
    Of these 640 Murders / Homicides, 44 involved a gun or firearm as the main weapon. Gun murders in Britain in 2011/12 represent 6% of the murder cases, (0.72 gun homicides per million population).

Population of Britain (combined England, Scotland and Wales) in last census 2011 = 61,370,912
    see tables below for number of murders and gun murders in England, Wales and Scotland per year from 2001 to 2012
    velvetfog liked this post
    if you were trying to prove a point, you failed miserably.

Fistfull of xanax
    velvetfog disliked this post
    Less guns = less gun crime = more people live.
    (08-02-2013, 11:43 AM)LannisterHater Wrote:  if you were trying to prove a point, you failed miserably.

Actually, snilly proved his point quite admirably. Smile

Britain has severely restricted gun ownership, with the result being very few shootings.

- Robert A. Heinlein