• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• german foreskin issues
    that was then, this is now... and this is how it ties into the issue with using toilets:

just because the original idea was stupid, does not mean there is not a scientifically proven reason to snip it... not to mention that the vast majority of women and gay men find foreskin to be disgusting. it's primal and unnecessary.

human beings weren't meant to work in cubicles but we do anyways. that's what we call, 'progress.'

men and women grow hair in all kinds of places... and they remove it because it's not required and that's great... foreskin is the same thing. i wouldn't be surprised if our next stage of evolutionary development is the shedding of foreskin altogether... we are just speeding things up a bit.

we also weren't meant to repair cavities in our teeth, or have life saving medical operations... but we do anyways.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Western societies will find circumcision to be uncomfortable, unnecessary, and even barbaric, but we shouldn't forget that in the past, thousands of people have fought in wars and died to preserve the right to circumcise when rulers from other cultures forbade the practice.
    i don't see the conn.between life saving medic and the removal of foreskins unless it's true what you suggest that women don't like them,which i'm not aware of
    talk to a lot of women about the foreskin issue?

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    (10-11-2012, 06:13 AM)sporkium Wrote:  talk to a lot of women about the foreskin issue?

I do.

I am uncircumcised and because I seem to be in a minority class the conversation comes up from time to time. You know that main thing I hear from women? That they didn't know I wasn't circumcised until I told them.

An erect penis (circumcised or not) looks pretty much like a dick no matter what. And let's face it, that baguette between our legs isn't winning any beauty contests.

Hygiene?! Seriously? If you wash your dick then it is clean, if you don't then it is dirty. Foreskin doesn't promote anything that the man doesn't permit.

And the truth is that being circumcised (while fine with me for others) doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It doesn't affect anything other than the possibility that the male will lose some sensitivity in the head of his prick (from exposure and friction), though even that isn't likely.

It isn't progress, it is a barbaric tradition . . . much like female genital mutilation, but obviously less extreme.

Rolleyes

Wildcard is awesome.
    CNN Wrote:"Scientific research shows clearer health benefits to the procedure than had previously been demonstrated. According to a systematic and critical review of the scientific literature, the health benefits of circumcision include lower risks of acquiring HIV, genital herpes, human papilloma virus and syphilis. Circumcision also lowers the risk of penile cancer over a lifetime; reduces the risk of cervical cancer in sexual partners, and lowers the risk of urinary tract infections in the first year of life," the group said.

Johns Hopkins University researchers recently concluded that the rates of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases are likely to climb as American parents increasingly leave their baby boys uncircumcised.

"The medical benefits of male circumcision are quite clear," said Dr. Aaron Tobian, an assistant professor of pathology at Johns Hopkins and lead author of the study published in the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine. "But while the medical evidence has been increasingly more positive, male circumcision rates in the U.S. have been decreasing."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/27/health/cir...index.html

cnn says you are going to get the aidz. Confused

In my experience as a parent the subject never arose, at no point did anyone doctors, midwives, nurses even bring the subject up. Where we live and I have two sons who have done lots of sports and shared lots of changing facilities being circumcised is definitely a minority decision by parents.

Long live the foreskin we say Yay