• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Discussion: When Does Life Really Begin?
    [Image: coverpic-6058.png]

For many years the debate has raged about whether a fetus is a human life, or not. Recently, a few of US States (mostly southern states) have outright banned abortion in almost every case. Other US states have contingencies that can make abortion illegal. For example, several states will no longer allow abortion if a fetal heartbeat is perceived.

THEHILL.COM
    All The States Taking Up New
    Abortion Laws In 2019

Now, another perspective is being looked at as Alabama is choosing to prosecute a mother for manslaughter in a case where her actions resulted in the death of her unborn baby.

WWW.CNN.COM
    A Pregnant Woman Shot In The Stomach
    Is Indicted In Her Unborn Child's Death

Although I am dismayed by this course of action, I do think it will actually turn out to be a good thing. Perhaps forcing people to think about when life actually begins will be a chance for them to see that banning abortion is just as silly as charging this lady with a crime for something that happened with her own body.

Let me say that I am thoroughly disgusted by this woman and her actions. She, a pregnant lady, started a brawl with another lady and was then shot. The consensus is that the other woman acted in self-defense and witnesses say that the attack was unprovoked. I am not in any way defending this trashy woman.

But, I am defending her right to make bad decisions and not be charged with a crime for doing so.

What is next? Improper prenatal care turns to a murder charge? Accidental injury to the unborn child (think: trip/fall) results in negligence charges?

The woman is not my kind of gal, I'll admit. She should certainly get an assault/battery charge for accosting this other person, but I can't support a manslaughter charge for the fetus. That is just taking things too far.
    The older I get the more conservative my thinking becomes, but I'll always believe in a woman's right to choose.

However, I can't believe anyone can take too much time making their decisions... Late term abortions is murder and unacceptable. It is up to the person to abort before it becomes a life...

When it's a life is up for debate... A heartbeat in an of itself may still be early... I'm thinking that maybe when a baby can live outside the womb on its own may be too late. It's a tough call...

If I was to agree to late-term abortion, it would be in the instance of a rape case where the female had no choice and was undecided as to what to do. Her whole life is upside down, so that can be forgiven since the whole thing was tragic...

People who use abortion as a form of birth control are people are irresponsible, maybe too irresponsible to raise a kid, so maybe a limit on the number of abortions may be appropriate?

Tough call... In this case, I'm going to guess that responsible decisions must be made early in most cases... The sooner the better...