• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread
  • Poll: What show would you watch?
    You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
    Walking Dead
    0%
    0%
    Game of Thrones
    0%
    0%
    Breaking Bad
    100.00%
    100.00%
    This is Us
    0%
    0%
    Handmaid's Tale
    0%
    0%
    Other (plz specify in comments)
    0%
    0%
    * You voted for this item. Show Results

TV What should I watch next?
    So far, I've seen:
    • The Sopranos
    • The Wire
    • OZ
    • Star Trek TNG
    • Smallville
    • The Grand Tour/Top Gear
    All in their entirety. I'm looking for something new, but just go back to watching the old crap because I'm afraid to dedicate time to a new series in fear that it may not be worth it.

What new series would you choose from those listed in the poll? Is there something on your mind that's not listed?

People can't believe Ihaven't seen GoT or Breaking Bad... I guess those 2 are the frontrunners...
    I voted for Breaking Bad for two reasons. First because it is awesome, and second, because Game of Thrones is almost over, so by the time you get through with Breaking Bad, you can start on it.

I have this all planned out. Just sign right here, sir.
    LZA liked this post
    Thanks, That's what I'll do. Was doing a little research after your recommendation. I have no idea what's going on, but the ending to this episode looks badass!!! Gave me chills ... Check it out:

Looks FUCKING NUTS!!!!!

That music when she's walking down the hall getting the phone and you hear him laughing hysterically in the background??? I can see why people say it's as good as the Sopranos...

I'm SOLD!! I won't skip around anymore, I'll watch from the beginning.
    (This post was last modified: 05-11-2019, 02:16 PM by LZA.)
    (04-28-2019, 02:33 PM)LZA Wrote:  I won't skip around anymore, I'll watch from the beginning.

You do you, but it drives me crazy to jump around. If I already know I want to watch a movie, I don't even watch the trailer. I want to be as surprised as is possible.
    I'm up to the part of the clip I posted. I have to say, this is just as good as The Sopranos so far. I never thought I can say that about another TV show. The characters are awesomely developed... And the cartel boss was Manny from Scarface... Just realized it when I saw him last night!!

Now I understand what all the hype is about!
    @LZA Sopranos paved the way for what TV is today, with all the "binge watch" type series.

It'll always be my favorite. Rewatching Breaking Bad is not near as entertaining as Sopranos. In fact, I had trouble making it through a second watch of Breaking Bad. It relies so much on suspense that once you know what is going to happen, it loses a lot of appeal. I can rewatch The Sopranos endlessly. This is why I think Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad. You do not that big dramatic scene in every episode.Once you see it, its over and done with it, the element of surprise is gone.

Sopranos was written beautifully. Breaking Bad relied on OMG moments for it to work. You should watch Mad Men. You can genuinely get from the start of one season of Mad Men to the end and think "what actually happened" but it's all about spending time with the characters, the setting and then you'll realise the story is playing out in front of you. Mad Men is definitely worth watching. It’s also not the kind of show, where watching the trailers takes anything away from watching the show. The show runner Matthew Weiner said (not in those words) in an episode of Mad Men doesn’t happen much, what happens can usually be summarised in a sentence or two, but it’s much more about how it happens. Also Jon Hamm is very handsome, extra handsome/sexy as Don Draper.
    LZA liked this post
    Off Topic

@Stella 1977 I took your advice and started watching Mad Men...you were so right. What a great show! Thanks for the recommendation Heart
    Stella 1977 liked this post
    (05-13-2019, 02:59 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  Off Topic

I don't think it is off topic though since it's what would you watch, and all movies not listed I added a vote button to specify in comments. My off topic comment would be that I should probably go out and start excercising or something instead of watching TV shows, Tongue

I've heard good things about Mad Men (and I forgot about Sons of Anarchy).

I'm still so Impressed by Breaking Bad, that I started watching Better Call Saul... So far it's really good. Great storytelling, but I had to adjust to what @Stella 1977 mentioned about Breaking Bad's constant cliff hanger and "wow" moments, because Better Call Saul is MUCH slower paced in the action dept.

In BB, we see Walt go from a nice guy to evil and all the chaos that ensues. Saul in BB was already corrupt. But in BCS, we see how he was a nice, normal guy and how he progresses to evil... So it's a parallel since BCS is Saul's Breaking Bad for him... But instead of how far we see Walt go down the drain, we KNOW Saul is already there, and in Better Call Saul we see how that comes to be.
    (05-15-2019, 02:46 PM)LZA Wrote:  I don't think it is off topic though since it's what would you watch[...]

True.

Better Call Saul is amazing. Such a conflicting range of character types. Almost every character falls under I love them and I hate them, except Kim Wexler, I just love her... Wub You

And SoA, while a lot of people shit on the ending, I fucking loved it. I was pure poetry.