• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Movies What has happened to John Travolta?
    I recently watched Gotti (2018) and it reminded me how much that I like John Travolta. Now, admittedly, Gotti wasn't a good movie, but I still had hope that there were new movies of his that I had somehow missed out on and should check out.

So, I went to IMDB and checked out Travolta's filmography, started at the most recent film and worked my way backward.

It wasn't pretty.
    ...all those were in 2019.

When you get back to 2018, it isn't much better. With Speed Kills (2018) and the aforementioned Gotti (2018) as the only two movies of 2018, and an apparent hiatus in 2017, except for a Pitbull msuic video, you have to go back to 2016's In a Valley of Violence to find a movie that he is in that is rated over 5 stars...and it isn't rated much more than that.

Being real, as I look back at his work, I have to go back to the mid 2000's to find a movie that he is in that I really like...

So, I guess the days of crazy-good movies from Travolta, like Swordfish, Primary Colors, and Pulp Fiction have passed. Sort of sad, though.

John Travolta, Actor: Battlefield Earth. John Joseph Travolta was born in Englewood, New Jersey, one of six children of Helen Travolta (née Helen Cecilia Burke) and Salvatore/Samuel J. Travolta. His father was of Italian descent and his mother was of Irish ancestry. His father owned a tire repair shop called Travolta Tires in Hillsdale, NJ. Travolta started acting appearing in a local ...
    Blame it on Scientology.

They have brainwashed Travolta in making bad movies that still somehow to manage to make millions in which Johnny boy would be required (by Scientology rules) to fork over for "tithing" purposes.

No, I don't have solid evidence of this... but how can one with a rational mind see what Scientology has done to the Saturday Night Fever star? ( Incidentally, that was done pre-Scientology days.)

Did you know this? Saturday Night Fever was deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" by the Library of Congress (USA) and selected for preservation in the National Film Registry.

I didn't know this either until just now while doing a bit of research on Saturday Night Fever, the movie.

I'm Serpius and You're Not
    (11-01-2019, 02:22 PM)Serpius Wrote:  Blame it on Scientology.

I would, if it weren't for Tom Cruise.

I don't care what anyone says, no matter how much of a religious nut he may be, Tom Cruise is still one of the greatest actors of our time. Sure, he has had some shitty movies — no actor is immune to the occasional flop.

Through it all, the worst of his movies are better than the last 20 movies Travolta has made.