• Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• What Would You Have Done?
    What Would You Have Done?

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM
    - The Washington Post
    no description

The link above is a story about some lady who lives in Massachusetts. It seems that Fedex delivered a package containing 7 pounds of weed to her home by mistake.

The rightful adressee then contacted Fedex who gave them the address to which the package was delivered and they went to the lady's house and told her they wanted their package.

Well, this lady freaked out and slammed the door in their faces and called the cops.

My question to you is, "What would you have done?".

Also, was it right for Fedex to have given her address to the men who were the intended recipients of the weed? Ninety-nine times out of 100, there would be no problem for them to give out the address. It would certainly be to Fedex's advantage cuz it would save them the time of picking up the package and then bringing it to the rightful addressee.

By the way, did you know that all Fedex deliveries are picked up and then taken to a central point in the USA (I think it's Atlanta) and then from there, they are taken to the adressee. So even if you are sending a package to your next door neighbor, first of all, it goes to Atlanta.

So, it would save Fedex a lot of time and trouble if the rightful adressee can just go pick up their package. But is it a reasonable thing for Fedex to do?

It seems pretty easy in hindsight to say she should have just given them the package (providing she still had it) and that would have been the end of the story. But now, the cops have arrested the men and this lady is all freaked out fearing reprisals from these men.

What would you have done?
    (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 04:05 PM by AliShibaz.)
    I like smoking pot, so had I known what was in the package, I would have opened it, and started smoking the weed.
    If anyone subsequently contacted me, asking about the package, I would have denied that I had received any package.
    Seven pounds of weed is over 112 ounces, enough to keep me high for about nine years.
    If I have pot around, I'll smoke about a gram per day.

But I am also a very honest person. Finding a package left at my door, and realizing that it was intended for a different address, I would not have opened it.
    Instead, I would have contacted FedEx, informing them of the error, and when someone came to my door to get it, I would simply given it to them, being none the wiser as to the content of the package.
    (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 05:26 PM by velvetfog.)

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    (03-01-2013, 05:05 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  Finding a package left at my door, and realizing that it was intended for a different address, I would not have opened it.
    Instead, I would have contacted FedEx, informing them of the error, and when someone came to my door to get it, I would simply given it to them, being none the wiser as to the content of the package.

same here.
    (03-01-2013, 05:11 PM)bob5695 Wrote:  
    (03-01-2013, 05:05 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  Finding a package left at my door, and realizing that it was intended for a different address, I would not have opened it.

same here.

I'm not sure what I would have done. I do know that I probably would have done something different after having a day or two to think about it.

If I had to do something real quick, I prob would have made a foolish decision.
    If it had someone else's address on it, I would've given it to them unopened. If it had my address on it and it was something I didn't order, I would've kept it. In neither case would I call the police.
    (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 05:35 PM by System Folder.)

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    (03-01-2013, 05:30 PM)System Folder Wrote:  In neither case would I call the police.

Same here. Why call the police so they can get their filthy hands on the shit?
    Agreed.

Calling the cops has to be the worst of all possible alternatives.

But I'm surprised no one said they would have opened it.

I'm guessing I would have opened it first. Then, my decision as to what to do would depend on what was in there.

If there was a million dollars in cash, I'm guessing I would have done something very different than if there was a handgun or a magazine. Those different objects call for very different actions.

However, no matter what was in the package, I can't ever see myself calling the cops.

The reason? It's because, no matter what I think the cops might do, I have learned that there is a very high probability that what they will do is to arrest me and take me to jail. So .... no fuck you very much!
    (This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 07:08 PM by AliShibaz.)
    I figure that if it had someone else's address on it, then I could get into federal trouble for keeping it, but if it has my own address on it then it's legally mine and people won't be able to come looking for it.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    send the packet on to the right adress

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    When the package was originally delivered, it had the wrong address on it.

So the recipient had no idea what the correct address really was.

So she could not have sent it on to the right address.