• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Discussion: Weight Watchers Has Lost Its Name And Its Mind
    Weight Watchers has been around for nearly sixty years. The brand is a household name all over the world. Last year, for some reason, Mindy Grossman, the chief executive of the corporation, decided to change the name of the company.

New name: "WW" (pronounced double-u double-u)

Bad call, Mindy.

[Image: st0P.jpg]

Since abandoning their time-honored trademark, the company has taken some serious losses. In the second half of its financial year, WW dropped 600,000 subscribers. Go figure.

Forgetting for a moment about the colossal failure that is dropping a brand name that you've been trading on for 56 years, the name itself is stupid. There is the obvious part about it being dumb and hard to say, but then you have to consider collisions with "W" (the former president) and "www" (tha Internet). Also, it is physically impossible to say "ww" without adding the other "w" <-- facts

Also, it doesn't stand for anything. I assumed it was just shortening down "Weight Watchers", but no. It doesn't even stand for their new tagline "Wellness that Works".

So why "WW"? CEO Grossman says it was an attempt to "modernize the brand," but pundits are saying that the driving force is dropping the word "weight" from the name. Apparently, a company ostensibly dedicated to helping people improve their health by losing weight doesn't feel comfortable using the word "weight" Confused

It is a little confusing to me as well...

I wonder what Oprah thinks of all this. Ms. Winfrey is an 8% stockholder in the company and was part of a media drive to introduce the public to the new branding. If it were up to her, we would all be getting a new car!

WWW.BBC.COM
    What's Gone Wrong At Weight Watchers?
    Changing its name to WW just before peak dieting season proved to be a...
    TBH, I'm not sure this is surprising... I may be wrong, but this may be a reaction to become more "PC friendly" and try to get people to lose weight without fat-shaming them by bringing up the fact that the member actually needs to lose weight.

Think of it, these anti-fat shaming advocates are as crazy as these uber-feminists or those that make you use proper pronouns for transsexuals... So it's much easier and more caring to say you are "WW" than to admit you are in weight watchers because nowadays its OK to be fat and in bad health and we should all be accepting people no matter how big they are.

Doctors are getting flak for bringing up weight, so how does weight watchers think they can get away with it and then expect people to pay to "fat shame" in the new world order...

This is ridiculous, but it's more of a tell in how the world is uber butthurt over everything now. You almost can agree that WW is trying to change to accommodate if they wanna stay in business...
    (This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 06:05 AM by LZA.)
    Wildcard liked this post
    (03-03-2019, 06:00 AM)LZA Wrote:  I may be wrong, but this may be a reaction to become more "PC friendly" and try to get people to lose weight without fat-shaming them by bringing up the fact that the member actually needs to lose weight.

You are not wrong.

That is exactly what is going on. I think @sporkium refers to this as the "pussification" of America, nay, the world...
    (03-03-2019, 07:56 AM)Wildcard Wrote:  You are not wrong.

That is exactly what is going on. I think @sporkium refers to this as the "pussification" of America, nay, the world...

I kinda thought that back then it may have been an overreaction. I knew there was some pussification, but I truly never thought it would get to this point...

This is the effect of the last place trophies and coddling. The pendulum swings one end or the other with no happy medium... When we were kids (or when I was at least) no one helped or appeared to care... Now people care too much. I was talking to an early 20 something once and he says that no one gives him a voice or lets him figure things out...They are always running with help that's usually unneeded.

People in an effort to feel good about "helping" others take away those others ability or even chance to learn self-help skills by in effect saying they think they know what's best for them... Fucking sick. Not only not helping, but actually going backward...

So NOW, you Canada you get punished for misusing pronouns (pronouns that the person themselves may not be sure of, but just know they are somehow offended... let's face it)

Victims are the new heroes, and 250-pound linebackers with 5 o'clock shadows and short skirts can knock over a GameStop because some snot-nosed punk accidentally calls you by your genetically CORRECT pronoun.

And reputable organizations who've helped people lose weight and gain better lives are running scared making fag changes so as not to hurt the feelings of people who simply don't want to admit the harsh truth...they are fat and lazy fucks who eat too much and will die early... But if you tell them that you'll be brought up on charges.

Another thing that's great about the new world order? You no longer need pussies to be pussified! Why, in my great state of Connecticut you can just identify as female so you can break all the high school track records!! I guess they thought it's better to get the female record 1st place trophy than the male participation trophy... Because winz=esteem. Screw those bitches, they should just work harder (actually said by one of them). With shenanigans like that going on, places like WEIGHT Watchers have no chance of winning. Neither do people who prefer science and logic over feelings... They are set to be as extinct as the dinosaur or round earth thinkers...
    (This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 08:31 AM by LZA.)