• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• TV WarnerMedia In Talks With David Chase About HBO Max Sopranos Prequel Series
    According to Deadline, David Chase is entertaining the idea of writing another prequel movie (or maybe even a TV series) to The Sopranos with Terence Winter for HBO Max.

Just like TMSON, I will be leaning into this and will absolutely be giving this a watch. Assuming it gets made, whether it is as good as the original show or not, I cannot imagine a universe in which I am not excited to see it.

What do you think, @LZA @BigDadE @Stella 1977?

DEADLINE.COM
    The Sopranos: Warnermedia In Talks
    With David Chase About HBO Max Prequel Series

Quote:The creator of the hit James Gandolfini-fronted mob drama suggested, in an interview with Deadline, that it could be another feature film with Chase and Terence Winter writing together.

Now, it’s emerged that it could possibly even end up as a TV series for HBO Max.
    LZA liked this post
    LOL, I just started watching The Many Saints Of Newark, and of course I was enraged by the 2nd time UJ said "your mother's cvnt".... I was waiting for it and you were right, it was overused.

But so far so good. Joey Diaz impressed me as Big Pussy's old man. and the beginning with the talking graves was cool. A little over half done, i'm enjoying myself

That being said, I'll blindly follow ANY Sopranos projects. They'll have to ruin it for me and then it'll be like Star Wars.... I'll still have the originals.

JG's kid looks so much like him its not funnty. and Terrance Winter was one of the better directors of the original series.... Looking forward to it! Smile
    @wildcard David Chase the filmmaker is definitely different from David Chase the showrunner. This was more "Not Fade Away" than "The Sopranos". The kinds of stories he did with The Sopranos take several hours (episodes) to develop. Hopefully this turns out to be a pilot movie for a tv show starring Michael Gandolfini as teenage Tony. Many Saints was basically Dickie's story, before Tony gets into any real illegal activity. It seems Many Saints ends just as Tony decides he's going into the life. Hopefully we'd see more of Bernthal as Johnny, too. Lots of possibilities and with the fanfare this show has they are definitely going to make at least another movie on this. Too much money on the table not to.

@wildcard The film industry will always throw money at franchises if there's a fan following, and the Sopranos following on social media is insane. There will definitely be something more.
    (This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 10:05 AM by Stella 1977.)
    LZA and wildcard liked this post
    (10-24-2021, 10:04 AM)Stella 1977 Wrote:  @wildcard The film industry will always throw money at franchises if there's a fan following, and the Sopranos following on social media is insane. There will definitely be something more.

I think you are right. Lets hope that they take their time before delivering more half-baked attempts.