• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Movies War movies
    I've always heard good things about Black Hawk down. But never got around to watching it all the way through.

Also, Lord of War with Nicolas Cage is not exactly a war movie. But it is close and it was very thought provoking.
    It tells the story of how this Russian guy started selling arms and becme a very large arms dealer. It tells of his rise and fall and although it wasn't Cage's best film (I don't think he actually has a best film), I liked it.
    although i don't like the genre much and haven't seen many,these stand out for me..

Apocalypse now
    The Deer Hunter
    Catch 22
    (10-25-2012, 02:23 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  ...Also, Lord of War with Nicolas Cage...

I fucking love that movie and I think you are right, Nicolas Cage is as consistent as you can get in Hollywood. He plays much the same character in every movie, but somehow I always find him likeable, believable and a great fit (with some exceptions.)

And they were Ukrainian btw . . .

Wildcard is awesome.
    Blackhawk Down. Behind Enemy Lines. Wind Talkers..... Im not sure about that title but i know its a movie about where the army used Cherokee Indians to communicate so that the Germans couldn't break their codes. i think Nicholas Cage was in it.

Bunnies are better
    (10-25-2012, 10:12 PM)Bunny Wrote:  Blackhawk Down. Behind Enemy Lines. Wind Talkers..... Im not sure about that title but i know its a movie about where the army used Cherokee Indians to communicate so that the Germans couldn't break their codes. i think Nicholas Cage was in it.

That movie was one of the most violent I've ever seen. It was almost too violent for me and that is saying something because I almost never get enough violence.

I'd like to recommend a movie to you called "Beach Red" for its violence. But it was produced in 1967 and it has not held up at all. It is really crappy today. But in 1967 it was very powerful. I walked out of the theatre in 1967 cuz it was just too violent. But it worked out real good cuz I walked next door and went to see The Graduate. At that time, you could pay for one movie but then you could walk out of that theater and walk into a diffrent one. They never cared about that. It was great. The Graduate remained one of my faves for about twenty years. I really bought into that whole true love forever fantasy.

But, if you ever have nothing better to do, you might want to check it out. Just be prepared to be disappointed.

Also, I was thinking about Nicolas Cage and I think his best movie was "The Family Man". I'm sure almost no one will agree with this. It was a very family type movie and the reason I may have liked it so much was because of Tea Leone. I'm not sure why. But I really liked her in this film.

Anyway, if you ever want to watch a film with someone where a nice little sweet family oriented movie would be good, I would recommend The Family Man.
    (This post was last modified: 10-26-2012, 05:40 AM by AliShibaz.)
    Try to keep it about War Movies please . . .

I forgot to mention Pearl Harbor . . . now I kinda just winced when I mentioned the movie, mostly because Ben Affleck sucks the sweat off of a donkey's balls, but it really had some good scenes in it and though I haven't ever watched it again since I saw it in the theater, I think I would. Dodgy

Wildcard is awesome.
    Pearl Harbor was phenomenal. I agree Ben sucked. the other guy was mediocre too. but the scenes were great and the soundtrack was really good.

Bunnies are better