• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Rant This thing of ours (La Cosa Nostra)
    @LZA Excerpt from Born To The Mob by former Mob Associate Frank Saggio:

"There was a meeting down in Marilou's. Sonny Franzese went down there to see them [music executives] over some business. Sonny's had a very strong hold on the music business for many years. Always did. I went down with him, his son Johnny, and other people. Johnny was getting involved with the rap groups. And Sonny meets with these music guys."

"Everybody thinks these rappers were running things. They weren't. Every one of them [the music executives] is kicking upstairs to some wiseguy someplace along the line."

"This is the way it's gonna be, Sonny tells them."

Among the music executives at the meeting that night was Marion "Suge" Knight. Knight is the president of the premier hip-hop label, Death Row Records. Knight, who has a reputation as a two-fisted businessman, would later serve five years of a nine year sentence on assault related charges.

"My kid wants to do anything, you don't interfere," Sonny told them. "My kid gets everything." Looking straight at Knight, Sonny said, "You interfere and you're going to have a serious headache a couple of Tylenol ain't gonna clear up."

Frankie found Knight a wannabe.

"He was a fat, well-dressed jerk-off who thought he was a gangster until he got put in his place by a guy who would have buried him right there if he had said the wrong thing - and Sonny would have."

@LZA I found this on FB. Glad this was posted! There were plenty of these people in the industry like Suge knight and those who looked at him like he was a super gangster. I saw him nothing more than just an oversized bully that kept sticking his hand in the cookie jar.
    (This post was last modified: 11-04-2019, 06:19 PM by Stella 1977.)
    LZA liked this post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Yeah...Suge Knight was a bullt to the people who didn't know better... He used his size to intimidate. Someone as small and frail as Carlo Gambino was much more feared than Knight would EVER be!!

I'm glad to hear he was put in his place.. Knight was a bully to those who couldn't defend themselves. He was the biggest fish in one of the smallest pond. It's like Knight was little leage and Sonny was captain of the Yankees...

Sonny is no joke either... He is so mafia he told them to do what they had to do with his son Michael when they thought he wasn't paying all he should have been for that gas tax scam... from what I remember that was the reason. I saw an interview where Michael said it hurt that his father didn't back him up, but Sonny WAS La Cosa Nostra... The family came before the blood family.

And I'm sure you know that the old battle-ax is still alive?? he's 102 now.

Suge is bigger, but his violence is stupid, ghetto shit... Sonny is on a Gd-tier level. No comparison, and Suge KNEW it.
    Stella 1977 liked this post
    @LZA The Mafia is a far more sophisticated organization than either the Bloods or the Crips, both of which are essentially loose knit collections of small street gangs. The Mafia can easily and readily seek out and bribe corrupt public officials. This ability gives them major edge over other criminal groups as they can use these bribes to obtain information about police/federal law enforcement threats to their businesses as well as allow them inside information about government projects that they can access for opportunities to commit crimes. The Crips and Bloods are usually limited by racial prejudice and a lack of experience to either not being able to bribe public officials or only being able to deal with low-level officials with mixed results. Bloods and Crips have a more democratic structure compared to the Mafia. The Mafia has a defined hierarchy. It’s a tree-like hierarchy that could be compared to the military or to a corporation.

Boss

Underboss Consigliere

Captain Captain Captain Captain Captain

Crew (soldiers) Crew (soldiers) Crew (soldiers) Crew (soldiers) Crew (soldiers)

Bloods and Crips do have hierarchies, but the division between them isn’t as formal as for the Mafia. There’s more access to the high ranks than there is with the Mafia, where a soldier may never meet the boss except when he’s initiated. Plus the Mafia structure is pretty much the same everywhere, while gangs can vary between gangs and sets.
    LZA liked this post
    @LZA Suge Knight - a famous and dangerous individual to those who tend to live the most basic life and have absolutely no influence. To anyone who's down with the real underworld - Suge would be just another great way to make money off, seriously. Mafia won't be touching a citizen. Citizen will keep on living his average life while people like Suge Knight, that's the real pot of gold.
    (11-06-2019, 11:45 AM)Stella 1977 Wrote:  @LZA Suge Knight - a famous and dangerous individual to those who tend to live the most basic life and have absolutely no influence. To anyone who's down with the real underworld - Suge would be just another great way to make money off, seriously. Mafia won't be touching a citizen. Citizen will keep on living his average life while people like Suge Knight, that's the real pot of gold.

See, and Suge was dumb enough to think he's actually respected enough to be like that. He's a gangster who rules the "normal everyday people" as you say, out of fear. As you astutely pointed out, if he would have tried that with anyone connected, or even real blood or crip, they would have handed him his ass... OOOOOhhh,,, scaring Vanilla Ice and other idiots mean nothing.

And you can tell he's not a true gangster since he did dumb shit that put him in jail... .Shit that others would this is beneath them. Carlo Gambino died in his home wathing a Yankee game I think.

I kinda hate to say it, but Suge was more into the reputation of a badass, which is why he failed... John Gotti had the same type of thinking (although he was legitimately a gangster).

Did you happen to listen to the new Gravano interview? He is true Cosa Nostra since he appreciates Omerta. Suge can't understand that because his power comes from his violent and public rep for being a gangster...

And I know you don;t follow rap, but his Death Row records would have fallen flat if it wasn't for Dre... And Dre wouldn't have defected if he didn't think Jerry Heller and Eazy were screwing him over.

So in contrast, Suge saw an opportunity to get power, Gotti forged his way and his success was due to himself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Gotti would be Gotti no matter what, Suge would not be Suge if the circumstances weren't just so
    Stella 1977 liked this post
    (11-06-2019, 12:46 PM)LZA Wrote:  [...]
    Suge was more into the reputation of a badass, which is why he failed...
    [...]

Exactly. Suge was just a big bully that didn't realize the nuance of organized crime. Nobody— not even the top dog, can just disrespect everyone and still earn. There is a balance and sometimes you have to "make nice" with someone you hate because business comes first.

People like him learned to be a gangster from movies, instead of actually putting in work and coming up correctly.
    LZA and Stella 1977 liked this post