• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Discussion: There Is Still An Astounding Amount Of Support For Bill Cosby
    If you've read Why The Cosby Verdict Doesn't Matter, then you know that I am convinced of Cosby's guilt, as are most people — or so I thought.

On his birthday, his adorable wife, Camille, tweeted a birthday message to him:

https://twitter.com/BillCosby/status/1149633379987443713

It is a sweet sentiment of redemption and vindication and I can understand her thinking that he is innocent — wanting to believe it with all of her heart. But, I expected the replies to be pretty harsh, too.

And there were a few...but what was more interesting to me is that there was a disproportionate amount of supportive comments. People simply sending polite birthday messages weren't all. Many people were intimating that Cos was framed; some were tossing around the word "railroaded"; and other were just saying that it was time for society and the court system to forgive Cosby. I'm damn near quoting that last one:

Quote:“@BillCosby Happy Birthday Mr. Bill Cosby. I don’t judge anyone for what they do. What you showed me on television about being a father will never fade away. I wish people and the courts could forgive. The way God does. Bill I hope you’re doing okay. Camille, thank you for posting this.”

the tweet

I mean they are burying Louis CK over his misconduct, but a lot of Cosby's supporters seem to be rallying to get him exonerated before he dies! (You seriously need to click the link to get the full picture.)

Maybe I am being a dick about it. What do you guys think?
    so roman polanski thinks that bill cosby shouldn't be judged by his actions?

seems legit.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Wildcard liked this post
    (07-19-2019, 06:33 PM)sporkium Wrote:  judged by his actions?

That's the part that kills me. So, no judging people by their actions, huh? Then please tell me what in the fuck we can judge people on? I mean, for Christ's sake!
    I went right to the Twitter feed and saw that comment to... I had it copied/saved...ready to go until I saw you quoted it already.

You are not being a jerk. We both admitted (if I remember correctly) That the actions that made someone famous can be separated from the real person...

EX - Louis CK still has funny stand up / OJ was still a great football player /even Ted Bundy may have been a decent attorney. What they do does not necessarily make them who they are...

But their celebrity doesn't excuse them from being shitty people... If anything, the poster should have learned that even the seemingly nicest of people can be shitty IRL.

And to say not judging for what people do is a slap in the face of our justice system... A statement proving the poster doesn't know WTF he's saying...

I wonder if the poster would feel the same way if it was his loved one drugged and raped?

Camilla, I feel bad for (on the surface). She is a victim too. They say love is blind and it's sad that she'll stand by her man after all he did... In her eyes, that should be the ultimate betrayal. I say on the surface since I can't ever know if she is just as evil and knew about it... You just never know nowadays with people.