• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• TV The Irishman on Netflix
    If you thought the epicness on television was gone after El Camino, I'm here to tell you that it just isn't the case...BEHOLD:

The Irishman (2019)
    Directed by Martin Scorsese. With Jesse Plemons, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Anna Paquin. A mob hitman recalls his possible involvement with the slaying of Jimmy Hoffa.

In a few words, this 3.5 hour special that is out in select theaters now, but will be released to Netflix on 11/27, is about the Jimmy Hoffa story, and regarded by people that are "in the know" as the most likely set of events on how he was killed...

Based on the book I Heard You Paint Houses, which is pretty much mafia code for, I heard you kill people...

Here are trailers of this Scorsese, star-studded cast -

Can't wait!!!!
    Stella 1977 and Wildcard liked this post

Here is an hour discussion about the book, and Russel Buffalino (played by Joe Pesci)
    This looks amazing. Adding it to my list. Thanks, @LZA

Another podcast about the real story. Looks like a good book... Maybe I'll get the audiobook).
    Wildcard liked this post
    It is still hard for me to believe that they cast Ray Romano in this...not saying it isn't a good choice, but it will be interesting to see him in a dramatic role.

Ray Romano, Actor: Everybody Loves Raymond. Ray Romano grew up in Forest Hills, Queens. He performed in the NYC comedy club circuit before landing a guest spot on The Letterman Show. It was here that he propelled his TV show Everybody Loves Raymond. He was also the voice of the Mammoth in the extremely successful Ice Age Series Movies. He is also the inspiration for the character'Paul', ...
    (11-05-2019, 01:27 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  It is still hard for me to believe that they cast Ray Romano in this...not saying it isn't a good choice, but it will be interesting to see him in a dramatic role.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005380/
    He looks believable in the trailers. Kind of a shady wannabe character... He plays Bill Buffalino, who is in no relation to the mob boss Russell Buffalino (played by Pesci), but IRL the rumor is he asked Russell if he can tell people they are cousins for his benefit...

Looks at Bryan Cranston as another example, and Robin Williams... I think comedic actors are some of the best dramatic actors out there... They say if you can do comedic acting you can do any acting
    Wildcard liked this post
    (11-05-2019, 01:31 PM)LZA Wrote:  I think comedic actors are some of the best dramatic actors out there...

Totally agree. Like I said, I just can't wait to see how it plays out. I have purposely avoided any and all trailers or clips...I really want this to be awesome.