• Help
  • Random Thread

• Music: The Bluegrass Thread
    turn me on to some good bluegrass

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    This what you mean??

Steve Martin & Earl Scruggs - Foggy Mountain Breakdown

I love a little BlueGrass but i fucking hate Steve Martin with a passion. The most un-funny comedian on the planet.
    I know less than nothing about Bluegrass music until this thread so I went by recommendation.

As far as Steve Martin is concerned he is a useless dick and I agree not funny

Put some good Bluegrass up someone so I can appreciate what it’s all about
    Q - Mark?? Wink
    and some names or torrents,where are you,rednecking?

of small minds[
    Okay sorry! You know I do have work to do from time to time Tongue

Bela Fleck is probably the greatest banjo player that ever played- alive or dead. And for me to say this considering Earl Scruggs passed away only a few weeks ago says a lot. Earl Scruggs may have invented it but Bela certainly perfected and mastered it.

Doc Watson is for me the quintessential acoustic guitar flatpicker. Born blind, Doc is a sweet-natured guy the a perfect touch and wonderful tone. Forgive his corniness. Smile

And no discussion of bluegrass would be complete without mentioning Flatt & Scruggs.

Lester Flatt may sound ridiculous by today's standards, but his crooning, country voice made Flatt & Scruggs Top 40 favorites and icons of radio and television in the fifties. This album, recorded in their heyday has always been a favorite of my Dad and I.

Wildcard is awesome.
    thanks a lot Mark,going to download that stuff,my knowledge of bluegrass didn't get past the Flying Burrito Brothers and the Ozark Mountain daredevils

of small minds[
    Downloaded Bela Fleck super quick

Playing nowBig Grin while posting tis goodBig Grin
    bela fleck is the man

of small minds[