• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Student Suspended for Refusing to Wear a School-Issued RFID Tracker
    so what's the point of wearing the card without the chip?I thought the whole point was to be able to track the students

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    wearing the card identifies them as students that belong to that school... i don't know how the post 9/11 schools work, but i know that a lot of the schools are like little high security prisons where students are searched before being allowed to enter and those id cards are part of the process.

i don't know why they have to wear them all day... probably because they want to track them and can only do that if the students are wearing them... but an exception had to made for the girl who thinks that technology is the work of the devil... Facepalm

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    There are always gonna be people who go against common sense. I think the chips are a great idea...What happens if a kid gets abducted or something, can't the police then track the whereabouts of the kid to an exact location? Hey anything can happen...

If she thinks that technology is the work of the devil, then take away her iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTelevision, iComputer, iVibrator, and what ever gadget she has and fucks around with...
    (07-01-2014, 07:39 AM)LZA Wrote:  I think the chips are a great idea...What happens if a kid gets abducted or something, can't the police then track the whereabouts of the kid to an exact location

I think the chips are a terrible idea and are no substitute for a school and it's staff doing their job and knowing where their charges are. While it's handy to know a child's whereabouts should they get abducted, kids shouldn't wear the trackers in case they get abducted, by that logic we may as well stick implants in their heads so they can be tracked forever. There is already a booming business in childrens clothing and toys fitted with tracking devices, sold on the fear factor, which is fine for paranoid parents outside of school, but personally, if I had kids, I wouldn't send them to within 10 miles of a school like this.
    the problem arises when it becomes compulsory everywhere

of small minds[
    (07-01-2014, 09:28 AM)Spud17 Wrote:  
    (07-01-2014, 07:39 AM)LZA Wrote:  I think the chips are a great idea...What happens if a kid gets abducted or something, can't the police then track the whereabouts of the kid to an exact location

I think the chips are a terrible idea and are no substitute for a school and it's staff doing their job and knowing where their charges are. While it's handy to know a child's whereabouts should they get abducted, kids shouldn't wear the trackers in case they get abducted, by that logic we may as well stick implants in their heads so they can be tracked forever. There is already a booming business in childrens clothing and toys fitted with tracking devices, sold on the fear factor, which is fine for paranoid parents outside of school, but personally, if I had kids, I wouldn't send them to within 10 miles of a school like this.

Spuddy I will change my opinion to agree with you if you can guarantee me that these teachers will pull their heads out of their ass and make sure at all times that the students are safe. That would be the best solution, but just like in cases of bulling, teachers aren't always as astute to the goings on of their children...And all it'll take is one kid to wonder off and get lost/abducted, without wearing the tracker and the parents will sue saying the kid should have been wearing it.

I think the correct term for this circumstance is a catch 22??
    (07-01-2014, 11:50 AM)srijantje Wrote:  the problem arises when it becomes compulsory everywhere

It won't be that far into the future before some jurisdictions will require people to have a RFID capsule injected under the skin.
    Where I live, they already do it to all the cats and dogs.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    That's going too far, wear the tags as part of a uniform, but don't make it a part of the body. Animals, I can see, but JFC not people!!! under the skin is too far...ridiculous...
    90% of people in the west are already tagged
    gps in cellphone
    chips in documents
    computer surveilance
    cctv cameras
    buying and selling of personal data
    etc,etc

of small minds[
    Makes you want to go walkabout in the mountains (without a cell phone) doesn't it?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein