• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• SOPA Cabana........
    Here's my (hopefully) sufficient contribution for my lack of participation lately. You guys can't imagine how busy my life is these days. It's practically a living hell, but that's not what this is about...Here is my reasoning why I can't support SOPA. As a creator, my thoughts on intellectual property are as follows. Witholding your talents and knowledge is a slap in the face to the progress of human creativity and innovation. Nothing in the universe is made without some kind of prior example to enhance upon. Why should creativity and knowledge be any different? True artists don't create just to keep it to themselves, or remain content with their artistic achievements. That would be limiting their potential to grow in that craft. To get better they continue to practice creating a better piece of work. When it all comes down to it, if you don't want your IP stolen, you should not put it in a position where it is accessable to millions of people. If you are an artist, philosopher, or a scholar and you feel like you have been stolen from, take it as a compliment to continue growing in that area and also remind yourself that your IP is probably inspired by something that you saw, read, or heard from someone else. Even Picasso and Rousseau shared ideas and techniques to help eachother learn.

"Let the music be your master. Will you heed the master's call?"
    (12-21-2011, 04:52 PM)Mark Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

Totally agree. This is infringement plain and simple. But I'm not worried . . . there are ways around this even if they pass the law.

Never "misunderestimate" the power of the old Confederacy! Smile

EDIT: I think we should swap e-mail addresses to each if anything happens to any of the "main sites" such as Suprbay or this one. Don't ask me why yet because I still need to establish the idea in my head.

This message has been brought to you by RobertX.
    Thinking of setting up something private?

Wildcard is awesome.