• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Movies Remakes
    According to this website, the following movies are being remade and scheduled for release this year/2014:

Point Break
    The Crow
    War Games
    An american werewolf in London
    Porky's
    The Warriors
    Scarface
    Lethal Weapon
    American Psycho

WTF
    A great many films and TV series have been remade.
    Some more than once.
    There is a fairly complete listing here: --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_remakes

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    (06-18-2013, 11:14 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  Porky's

The original Porky's was so shit that a remake can only be better, though I guess I shouldn't tempt fate...
    But Porky's is the classic kind of cheese that is horrible but I somehow manage to watch it any time I happen to be around.

Which is never. Tongue

The thing about remakes is they are either really good or they're really bad . . . or they're kind of good or they're kind of bad . . . or they're just mediocre.

That is the thing you have to remember about remakes.
    Different people will feel differently about different remakes. I like some remakes, but not others. Other people may like remakes that I hate, and hate some remakes that I like. Our perception of a remake is relative; just like our perception of beauty, time, gravity, color, and everything else our senses detect. If we understand how relative our perception of reality is, maybe we can finally begin to understand our relatives.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    wildcard liked this post
    (06-18-2013, 10:53 PM)heslopian Wrote:  The original Porky's was so shit that a remake can only be better, though I guess I shouldn't tempt fate...

I love many kinds of cheese and Porky's is one of them, it's a classic movie from my childhood and I could watch it over and over... I don't actually want to see a remake of it though, because it'd be shit.

It'd be interesting to see if whoever ends up directing american psycho, includes that scene from the book, which mary harmon left out.
    (06-19-2013, 04:00 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  It'd be interesting to see if whoever ends up directing american psycho, includes that scene from the book, which mary harmon left out.

The rat scene? I'd like to see a more abstract version of American Psycho which plays with reality, like Ellis' novel. Remakes whose original films were based on books or comics or whatever aren't so bad, in my opinion, because there's a non-cinematic source which can be interpreted several different ways.
    I hated Porky's because all of the characters struck me as nasty cretins. The later American Pie worked better for me because its cast was more likeable and sweeter. Purely JMHO, of course.