• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Rant Owned my Toyota for 10 months
    I put 11k miles on it, Thing runs like a champ!

So much so that I got my first speeding ticket in years the day before yesterday Sad

I was doing 85mph in a 65 (highway/route 8 (route8 is a cop haven, I should have known better)

I knew what He pulled me over for, but I played dumb (easy to do) and real apologetic,

he knocked it down to 75mph which is speeding, anything over 80 is I guess reckless driving. so he saved me a summons to court

I said fuck it and just paid it... $223.00 fine. I've been starting to go back to do some work here and there... I hope to get another full time job and get off SSDI but...there goes some of my savings.

I could have contested it but don't have time to go to court, since I am trying to get work and all.

What's the most you ever paid for a ticket; speeding or otherwise?  also, the cop was cool. Some cops are dicks but in my life I've been lucky since I can be respectful and apologetic.
    (07-14-2021, 03:01 PM)LZA Wrote:  What's the most you ever paid for a ticket; speeding or otherwise?

Around $300.00 US

Not counting the litany of charges that I got for various bullshit I did when I was younger— just like speeding/parking tickets.
    Oh, and btw, post a pic for Christ's sake! Spinning
    A pic of the toyota?

looks like this but its silver
    [Image: Li0lM5Q.jpg]
    oh and its only a 4 banger... which means nothing since the meat of this thread has to do with going 85mph

I need this car to LAST so I can't be stupid (I can't be LZA).

[Image: ajo3KrX.jpg]

My dash except the spedo said 85 when the cop pulled me over, lol

I NEED a japanese car since I am way too inept to fix my own shit. I'm hoping to only pay for , taxes, gas, brakes, insurance, finance, oil changes, etc. I don;t need to have to spend 6735 on a new Flux Capacitor
    (This post was last modified: 07-17-2021, 06:00 PM by LZA.)
    * wildcard steals uploaded pic for thumbnail

Those cars last forever. Yay
    LZA liked this post
    (07-18-2021, 07:14 AM)wildcard Wrote:  * wildcard steals uploaded pic for thumbnail

Those cars last forever. Yay

I hope so.... the biggest worry is that I'M driving it.
    I owned it for a year, put 15k miles on it, NOW THE BRAKES ARE GRINDING

there goes any $$$ i'm trying to save.

How long do brakes last?
    (09-21-2021, 09:47 AM)LZA Wrote:  How long do brakes last?

40k miles is a good average, but you don't know how many miles they had on them when you bought the car, though...
    LZA liked this post
    (09-21-2021, 03:48 PM)wildcard Wrote:  
    (09-21-2021, 09:47 AM)LZA Wrote:  How long do brakes last?

40k miles is a good average, but you don't know how many miles they had on them when you bought the car, though...
    makes sense...the car had 39k original miles... I put on 15k and now they are outenzie