• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• New USA TV Show Announced That Is Based On The History Of ID Software
    I am seriously surprised by this news. Never in a million years would I have guessed that there would be an entire television show dedicated to ID Software; known for Wolfenstein 3D, the first 3D first-person shooter that I ever remember seeing; and famous for the Doom franchise, which has made them very rich.

The show, which is said to be in production, doesn't even have an IMDB page, yet. It has been titled, Masters of Doom.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
    Masters Of Doom - Wikipedia
    no description

It isn't exactly a sure thing, and we don't know much about it, yet, but it would be so awesome if it did...I hope.

arstechnica.com Wrote:Should the series come to fruition, it would land neatly in a growing nerd-homage sector on television, firmly between USA Network's own gritty (and technically accurate) Mr. Robot, AMC's Halt and Catch Fire, and Netflix's Stranger Things. No doubt, any Masters of Doom TV adaptation will focus on Romero's very late '70s/early '80s-sounding childhood stories of playing D&D or biking with pockets full of computer-compatible punch cards. And we look forward to seeing USA depict the real-life anecdote in which Carmack is too busy furiously coding to notice a stripper that has been sent to his workplace.

ARSTECHNICA.COM
    Id Software’s Origin Story Set To
    Become USA Network TV Series