• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• My GOD Is The Only True GOD!!!
    Oh, I guess there was a good deal of sarcasm and irreverence when Kaiser first posted the thread - that was not a literal accusation.
    (12-26-2011, 02:20 AM)Brown Eyed Girl Wrote:  Wow! This thread has done a lot to hurt my heart...while I will knowingly admit I may not be as educated on the subject of religion as some I will say this... No man- no denomination- can say who is going to Hell & who's not! The only thing God asks for is belief, love, kindness, faith... Men are the ones who messed it up always trying to be more right than someone else. When you die you'll find out the truth on the subject...until then can any of you say your the expert?? I believe in God.. I believe in Heaven.. I pray God is merciful to me and all of us here on this Earth who are so 'educated' we feel we know more than someone else. "Judge not lest ye be judged"

Brown Eyed Girls shouldn't be so sensitive Tongue

I totally agree that no one person has all the answers, but I also feel that the cheekiness of this thread is totally apparent- maybe I am wrong. Regardless, I don't think the Good Lord himself minds us all having a laugh about a subject that can be fearful for most. Even those who claim to have it all figured out have their doubts.

Laughing and teasing about religion is hard for some to do, but in my opinion that just shows the strength of this group. I am certainly proud of our current members and how open we have been with each other.

Brown Eyed Girl, stick around and we'll show you that while we seem to hold nothing sacred, the one thing we do revere is each person's opinion- yours too. Don't be sad, it's just a little kidding. (Oh and the title came from another silly post called 'All Dogs Go To Heaven'. Smile )

Wildcard is awesome.
    (12-26-2011, 03:17 AM)Aish Wrote:  I might have missed a post or two since my sparring partner left, but I don't think anyone here expressed an opinion saying certain denominations were going to Hell? In the beginning of the conversation Mark and I both stated clearly scripture doesn't support an eternity of fiery torment.
    And a large portion of the later debate was false indoctrination under shaky pretenses. I don't feel any of us have claimed to have all the answers - not even me and I was certainly a vocal participant.
    I personally have a severe aversion to falsehood under the guise of the lamp of religion.

Matthew 7:20-23
    Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I see people everywhere assigning things to the Bible and Christ that he never did, said, or advocated in any way. Churches do it, individuals do it, money is made from it, etc. The debate was leading up to this very scripture.
    And God does ask for more than a few things. Humans are not perfect, but striving to crawl from the rubble of centuries of intentional fallacy is something I feel strongly about and do not apologize for. In my opinion, more people should be furious over the load of crap they've been sold and eagerly swallowed. At least my eyes are open.
    Leanne made an excellent point:

(12-23-2011, 02:42 PM)Leanne Wrote:  This is why I think study of the scriptures should be undertaken just like study of any other text -- with the ability to detach the characters from reality, so it doesn't matter a damn whether they were actual people or not.

I don't know if you're familiar with Hinduism at all, but when you get to the core teachings beneath all the stuff that looks totally opposite to Judeo/Christian beliefs, they are quite parallel.

Ok ... I'll say one more thing an then I'm done ...I think lol I actually think u (Aish) are exactly right when we study different cultures different beliefs there are a lot of similarities and also many differences. While I am a 'Christian' and am not ashamed to say so I would not say any one religion has it completely right. and please dont think when i say you in any of my posts I mean any of 'you' in particular. I have read I have listened but in the end I guess I'm just as stubborn as anyone when it comes to God. And I do believe he has a sense of humor in fact I think most days he's laughing at how crazy we've all become. I guess in my heart I just want to believe that if people believe in Him, love Him, have faith that He will provide all thier needs,generally try to be a good human beings; caring & sensitive to the needs of others around them; that in the end whenever however that may come, we will finally get to a place of peace. Now what does that make me???? An idealist????

God leads; We follow! Angel
    And mark lol just try to warn your gang about me lol I'm opinionated but u know I never mean any harm lol besides just keeping up with all u geniuses wears me out Wink

God leads; We follow! Angel
    (12-26-2011, 10:34 AM)Brown Eyed Girl Wrote:  And mark lol just try to warn your gang about me lol I'm opinionated but u know I never mean any harm lol besides just keeping up with all u geniuses wears me out Wink

don't worry i'll protect ya Big GrinBig Grin
    (12-26-2011, 10:34 AM)Brown Eyed Girl Wrote:  And mark lol just try to warn your gang about me lol I'm opinionated but u know I never mean any harm lol besides just keeping up with all u geniuses wears me out Wink

Aww girl you know you are just a quiet genius Big Grin

Wildcard is awesome.
    (12-26-2011, 03:17 AM)Aish Wrote:  I don't know if you're familiar with Hinduism at all, but when you get to the core teachings beneath all the stuff that looks totally opposite to Judeo/Christian beliefs, they are quite parallel.

Yep. Not just the basics of Hindu texts, but there are fundamental similarities in almost all ancient beliefs. The Creation Myth is the most obvious example -- once you remove the details of who and where the main characters were, you get to the same basic idea: man made out of the stuff of the earth. Now, if I were trying to explain complex biology to a primitive race I couldn't possibly get into carbon compositions and the sameness of elements in all things in the universe. I reckon the best way to put it might very well be "you are made of this clay". Some mythologies have the gods taking bits from the stars to put into humans, and that's perfectly logical too. Whether it's an intelligent design (read: divine experiment) or a cosmic accident, there's no getting away from the fact that at the most basic level, we're pretty much mud.
    I love you, you little minx.
    Muddy minx, thank you!
    mud,i agree

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[