• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• My GOD Is The Only True GOD!!!
    Hell LMAO!!!!!!!
    Register him, then.

I have to make a run to WalMart, but shall return (you know, the Aish never sleeps).
    I tell you that he's smart and then he makes a screen name like that . . . 'ppp' for real?

Wildcard is awesome.
    Trying to catch up - what were you saying about Peter arguing with Paul?
    //Sidenote to that rant: In the new testament Peter and Paul have an extensive argument - Peter is staunch that LAW should be followed in the manner of Christ ('cause he was a law abiding Jew) and Paul is adamant his way is new and better, ultimately declaring himself the winner. "Christians" is a huge misnomer - not only did Yeshua not set out to spark a new religion (NONE of his words or actions set a precedent for a new religion) Paul never knew him and the church as a whole follows his teachings (Paul's).//

BTW this entire statement is inaccurate and purely supposition at best. The ONLY records we have of what Peter or Paul believed are in the writings of the New Testament. Which indicates that Peter and Paul were in full agreement. Further Paul claims to have seen Christ. It is interesting that in the first 3 centuries of Christianity not ONE SINGLE opponent to Christianity (yes we have extensive dialogues between Christians and opposers) ever contended the Jesus was not a real person or that Christianity was fabricated. That is a relatively modern concept. I cannot, nor do I want to, force anyone to believe in Jesus Christ, but to create silly arguments like this is just dishonest. IMO
    //not only did Yeshua not set out to spark a new religion (NONE of his words or actions set a precedent for a new religion) //

Matt 16:18-20 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20 Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

Why not be honest and say I just don’t want to be a Christian rather that pretend to have inside knowledge about Christianity? Not trying to be mean – just being honest.
    // Where in the 'old testament' does it state that Moshiac (Messiah) would be killed and arise from the dead then ascend into heaven?//
    Isa 53 Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed? 2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,and like a root out of dry ground.He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 3 He was despised and rejected by men,a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
    4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows,yet we considered him stricken by God,smitten by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,he was crushed for our iniquities;the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,and by his wounds we are healed. 6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,each of us has turned to his own way;and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    7 He was oppressed and afflicted,yet he did not open his mouth;he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,so he did not open his mouth. 8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.And who can speak of his descendants?For he was cut off from the land of the living;for the transgression of my people he was stricken. 9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,and with the rich in his death,though he had done no violence,nor was any deceit in his mouth.
    10 Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer,and though the LORD makes his life a guilt offering,he will see his offspring and prolong his days,and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand. 11 After the suffering of his soul,he will see the light [of life] and be satisfied;by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,and he will bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death,and was numbered with the transgressors.For he bore the sin of many,and made intercession for the transgressors.
    [Image: DSCN2401-S.JPG]

this is my god,it makes me think,be overawed,giggle,be at peace with myself and be here and now

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    Jer 31:31-34

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
    "when I will make a new covenant
    with the house of Israel
    and with the house of Judah.
    32 It will not be like the covenant
    I made with their forefathers
    when I took them by the hand
    to lead them out of Egypt,
    because they broke my covenant,
    though I was a husband to them,"
    declares the LORD.
    33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
    after that time," declares the LORD.
    "I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
    I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.
    34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
    or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
    because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest,"
    declares the LORD.
    "For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more."
    NIV
    All of your statements about Jesus being a “Rabbi” is based on Judaism and was developed 2 centuries after the beginning of Christianity – after the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem – which BTW Jesus foretold.
    Not sure where you are getting your info?
    could be my god too,Peter,Paul and Penis

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[