• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• My GOD Is The Only True GOD!!!
    [Image: 300px-Buddy_christ.jpg]

The only Jesus I'll ever need . . .

(12-22-2011, 09:18 PM)Aish Wrote:  The idea of heaven is not supported by the TANAKH or even dare I say the Bible. (Nor is hell)

Hell in the sense that most perceive it(eternal fire) is bogus. The Bible clearly states 'The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life' Even if you're burning forever it's still life . . .

(12-22-2011, 09:24 PM)Leanne Wrote:  It's much more likely you'll see the Virgin Mary in your toast.

Funniest shit I've read tonight . . . and there have been some doozies Big Grin

Wildcard is awesome.
    I think Jesus is the anglo (please know I put that there intentionally) Buddha.
    (12-22-2011, 09:36 PM)Mark Wrote:  Hell in the sense that most perceive it(eternal fire) is bogus. The Bible clearly states 'The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life' Even if you're burning forever it's still life . . .

Yes. At one point this was my doctoral thesis.
    Aish, what do you know about the council of Nicaea(325AD)???

Wildcard is awesome.
    Only everything Rolleyes

Convened by Constantine, established Yeshuas relationship to Yahweh, declared his divinity/ascension, cannonized the virgin birth (none of this is predicated by scriptural prophecy btw and I could write a huge diatribe about that alone), canonized the new Christian Law, calculated the date for Easter.

What do you know of the significance and role of demons in the life of humans (keeping in mind I did not as you mentioned say HELL or eternal torment. Hell - Greek - abode of the dead). Sheol - Hebrew - the grave.
    (12-22-2011, 10:31 PM)Aish Wrote:  Only everything Rolleyes

Convened by Constantine, established Yeshuas relationship to Yahweh, declared his divinity/ascension, cannonized the virgin birth (none of this is predicated by scriptural prophecy btw and I could write a huge diatribe about that alone), canonized the new Christian Law, calculated the date for Easter.

. . . and the official 'christianizing' of Saturnalia(Christmas), baptismal formula amendments . . . I figured you were up on the subject. Basically, the Catholics just invented everything as they went- going so far as to burn alive anyone who dared read the Bible for themselves(see Foxe's Book of Martyrs)

Aish Wrote:What do you know of the significance and role of demons in the life of humans (keeping in mind I did not as you mentioned say HELL or eternal torment. Hell - Greek - abode of the dead). Sheol - Hebrew - the grave.

Honestly, not much.

Wildcard is awesome.
    (12-22-2011, 10:37 PM)Mark Wrote:  . . . and the official 'christianizing' of Saturnalia(Christmas), baptismal formula amendments . . . I figured you were up on the subject. Basically, the Catholics just invented everything as they went- going so far as to burn alive anyone who dared read the Bible for themselves(see Foxe's Book of Martyrs)
    They didn't make it up - they adopted established pagan customs and slapped the face of Christ on them. It helped make conversions easier. Yes, I am aware commoners were kept from reading the scriptures (which is in direct conflict with the way their Messiah lived his life - for a Jew Torah was the center of daily life. Back when scrolls were expensive (they still aren't cheap) the Temple was open to all, because studying the word is a mitzvah (commandment).

Aish Wrote:What do you know of the significance and role of demons in the life of humans (keeping in mind I did not as you mentioned say HELL or eternal torment. Hell - Greek - abode of the dead). Sheol - Hebrew - the grave.

(12-22-2011, 10:37 PM)Mark Wrote:  Honestly, not much.

Ok, so to begin with the Sunday school story kids are taught that Eve was tempted by a serpent has a few flaws. She was tempted by a serpent, but that serpent had feet - Beresheit (Genesis) clearly states his feet were cut off as punishment and he was NOT Lucifer aka Satan aka the Devil. Also, she didn't eat an apple, and she did not condemn women to a life of subservience to their men.

In Judaism and especially in Kabbalah, all things serve a purpose - the 'fallen' or demons are doing their job (i.e. glorifying Yahweh) when they tempt humanity, because only by having choices/freewill/temptation are humans - well, human. We have the choice to strive to be closer to God or walk farther away from him. We are a unique creation - dust and Divine breath - not even the angels can boast of such.
    Sidenote to that rant: In the new testament Peter and Paul have an extensive argument - Peter is staunch that LAW should be followed in the manner of Christ ('cause he was a law abiding Jew) and Paul is adamant his way is new and better, ultimately declaring himself the winner. "Christians" is a huge misnomer - not only did Yeshua not set out to spark a new religion (NONE of his words or actions set a precedent for a new religion) Paul never knew him and the church as a whole follows his teachings (Paul's).
    (12-22-2011, 10:49 PM)Aish Wrote:  Sidenote to that rant: In the new testament Peter and Paul have an extensive argument - Peter is staunch that LAW should be followed in the manner of Christ ('cause he was a law abiding Jew) and Paul is adamant his way is new and better, ultimately declaring himself the winner. "Christians" is a huge misnomer - not only did Yeshua not set out to spark a new religion (NONE of his words or actions set a precedent for a new religion) Paul never knew him and the church as a whole follows his teachings (Paul's).

Okay this is where I'll have to disagree. I'm not a theologian or anything and I wouldn't claim to have your level of knowledge, but everything I've read indicates that when the Jews called for Christ's death the covenant was ended and a new covenant was begun. Instead of animal sacrifices to atone for sin, the blood of Christ would do the atoning.

How far is that from what you just said? Tongue

Wildcard is awesome.
    WHAT COVENANT? The covenant @ Sinai was between the people and Yahweh - Yahweh claimed the people as His chosen, and the people chose Yahweh. Where in the 'old testament' does it state that Moshiac (Messiah) would be killed and arise from the dead then ascend into heaven?
    In point of fact, according to Deuteronomy, death by crucifixion is an accursed death and would negate the claim as Messiah. Rising from the dead is not part of the Messianic job description. Being born of a virgin and not directly of the line of David (JOSEPH was the member of the Davidic line) also negates the Messianic claim. Not being married with a minimum of two children negates the Messianic claim. Being called Rabbi (which scripture says he was) means he was educated, married, and had 2 children). Men and women are not considered a whole entity until they marry.
    Marriage: massive disconnect between what constitutes a 'true' marriage and what constitutes a modern (sanctioned) marriage.