• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Movies Movies That Suck
    I wasn't that fond of the new Superman film, Man of Steel, which I saw today. Felt like just another generic origin story where every scene serves a perfunctory purpose and the characters are one-dimensional. Kevin Costner was great as Clark Kent's dad, though, and Henry Cavill's a Cutie McCuteBlush
    (03-12-2012, 09:04 AM)Mark Wrote:  What makes it even more pathetic is that they made a sequel:

And now you can enjoy that sequel again and again and again and againBig Grin
    (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013, 01:53 PM by heslopian.)
    the godfather part one and two are two of the best movies ever made. How the hell could they screw up so bad on part three!?! it is one of the worst movies ever made. I've always warned my friends not to watch it.

Fistfull of xanax
    (06-23-2013, 04:12 PM)LannisterHater Wrote:  the godfather part one and two are two of the best movies ever made. How the hell could they screw up so bad on part three!?! it is one of the worst movies ever made. I've always warned my friends not to watch it.

I guess it followed the mafia more accurately than we realize... Godfather 1 & 2 were like the old timers in control (Carlo Gambino, Tommy Lucchese, etc). The real La Cosa Nostra. With the introduction of Joey Zasa, was like how the mob was turning out in real life (attention seeking, personas that were bad for business). As much as you think John Gotti was a good mob figure, the elders would never have approved of such media attention, I guess all the new leadership is like that.. punks looking for the spotlight. which is why the Italian mafia petered out. Now I guess the Russian mafia is where it's at ...People with degrees, ceo's...You'd never know because they don't seek attention... I think the Italians call it Omerta or something.
    (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013, 07:39 PM by LZA.)
    necrobump! Big Grin

(06-23-2013, 04:12 PM)LannisterHater Wrote:  the godfather part one and two are two of the best movies ever made. How the hell could they screw up so bad on part three!?! it is one of the worst movies ever made. I've always warned my friends not to watch it.

I agree Godfather III was awful (how could Andy Garcia be the next GF? Confused) but I still think that everyone should watch it.
    1. It is part of the series
    2. It still has a few good parts and
    3. It is a nice lesson in how not to make a film Wink
    Think about it, The Godfather part III was a great illustration about the downfall of the reallife mob. Everything destroyed in chaos. As far as a chapter in a great fictional story, it sucks. But just like the real life mafia collapsed with the introduction of the youth bosses (aka. John Gotti and newer), so did the storyline (aka Joey Zaza).

I agree with you, you still need to watch it. It makes it easier for me to stomach thinking of it as the story line following real live.

YES!!!! Penis indeed!!!!
    For any of you who enjoy war movies, I would like to recommend The Boys From Brazil. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077269

This is a great movie from 1978 starring Gregory Peck as Dr. Joseph Mengele and Laurence Olivier as a famous Nazi hunter. It is not exactly a war movie but it is about the war. Specifically it is about The Comrades' Organization which is an organization of members of the SS formed at or near the end of WW2 to help SS members relocate themselves after the war.

IMHO, it is one of the best movies that I have ever seen.

If you are not familiar with the work of either Gregory Peck or Laurence Olivier, I wanna tell you they are both great great actors and they have won much acclaim as two of the greatest actors of their generation.

This movie is thoughtful and intelligent and if you like those kinds of films, you will enjoy this film greatl.

At least that is my opinion and I sure do hope that you will check it out and if you do, I'm fairly certain that you will enjoy it tremendously. It is indeed a superb movie.

P.S. I posted a review of this film into the wrong thread a few days ago and I wish to apologize to whichever moderator/admin moved it to The Fail Can. It was an accident. I honestly thought that I was posting it to this forum.

OH SHIT! I cannot belive this. I posted it in the wrong thread. I meant to post it in the thread about movies I saw recently. If it is possible, I would very much appreciate if some modertator/admin would please move it into that thread.

Thank you.
    (This post was last modified: 03-27-2014, 08:50 PM by AliShibaz.)