• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Tech Discussion Media Player
    iTunes loads a whole bunch of stuff onto your Windows machine.
    It is basically Apple's music environment rewritten for Microsoft Windows.

Winamp is just a small Windows app that plays MP3 files.
    It has a neat design, looking similar to a Hi-Fi preamp.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    (04-10-2014, 08:02 PM)sporkium Wrote:  itunes has different settings as far as syncing goes. you can have it synch your entire library or just certain playlists or items.

as for it being finicky... that's just windows being windows.

I'm still saving my pennies... A Mac computer is pretty much double the cost of a PC, but from what you guys tell me, more than tripple the value.

My friend who just bought one said he went to a class they offered for navigation purposes.

I helped him get free movies via torrent on his computer (HBO series Vikings) I guess it works the same but with different names (like "my computer" has a different name, etc). He let me fuck around with it Which made me want one more ... One of these days...
    (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014, 08:33 PM by LZA.)
    the only prob.with mac is,they're super commercial
    mac is a consumer product... of course it's commercial, just way less than windows. the only real difference is the amount of thought and attention that go into their products and product line integration schemes... of which itunes is a core component and it's well designed to operate in a logical and convenient way. in fact, itunes isn't really a media player as much as it is a media portal in the sense that not only does it handle your media library, integrates with your mac to turn it into a media server... it also connects to the net to become a media and software store.

the only part we need now is to wait for is the eventual downfall of drm and things will start rocking so much harder.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    and maybe some higher quality than mp3 to play on itunes?
    i think aac is superior to mp3, but the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference... other than that, itunes supports the compressed lossless codec, alac, and the uncompressed lossless codecs, aiff and wav... and some other stuff but i've never had the need to deal with them.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.