• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Discussion: Martin Finally Going To Finish The Winds of Winter
    For the millions of people waiting on Game of Thrones season 8, the wait is almost over. HBO announced earlier this year that GoT S08 would premier some time in early 2019.

But those of us who read the books still have a long wait ahead of us.

We've been waiting longer anyway. A Game of Thrones was released in 1996 and the last book to be released, A Feast For Crows, was in 2005. So, most fans of the book series have been waiting nearly twice as long for a conclusion as the TV followers. Bad thing about it is I am both. And since the TV series has strayed so far away from the books, I'm trying to keep up with two different story lines all at once.

But there is good news. It seems that George R. R. Martin is buckling down to get the next book in the series, The Winds of Winter, finished!

WWW.WSJ.COM
    ‘Game Of Thrones’ Creator George R.R.
    Martin Assures Fans: Writing Is Coming

I will be so glad when I can get my hard copy of that book and once again get lost in this compelling world GRRM has created!
    Yeah I'm waiting for the show to come back. Winds of Winter I will obviously buy when it comes out but I'm not really as eager for that as I am the final season of GoT. I want to see Arya finish off the people on her list. I want to see Sandor Clegane finally fight his brother the Mountain. I want to see the final clash with the white walkers.