• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Marriage Counseling
    I thought I'd never be one of those that would say this but....marriage counseling works. It has for me anyway. At first i didn't know if i wanted to share this. but i do. I'm proud to say this has proven to me that anything worth fighting for can be saved. Im very thankful.

I have struggled nearly 2 years or more with different issues in my marriage. and over the last 5 months i have really made a break through. both of us have. I am so glad for taking my moms advice. My husband and i still have a ways to go but i am optimistic and extremely encouraged that things will continue to progress for the better. this has been an eye opener for me. I've learnt so much about myself. i feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. Really dont know why i shared this but maybe somebody else will be encouraged. Smile

Here's to brighter days ahead Smile

Bunnies are better
    snilloc liked this post
    (03-04-2013, 12:06 AM)Bunny Wrote:  I thought I'd never be one of those that would say this but....marriage counseling works. It has for me anyway. At first i didn't know if i wanted to share this. but i do. I'm proud to say this has proven to me that anything worth fighting for can be saved. Im very thankful.

I have struggled nearly 2 years or more with different issues in my marriage. and over the last 5 months i have really made a break through. both of us have. I am so glad for taking my moms advice. My husband and i still have a ways to go but i am optimistic and extremely encouraged that things will continue to progress for the better. this has been an eye opener for me. I've learnt so much about myself. i feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me. Really dont know why i shared this but maybe somebody else will be encouraged. Smile

HugHugHug

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    I think everyone ought to try marriage at least once.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    what you think is the difference between marriage and living with someone apart from a piece of paper?

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    Well...there's all of the legal benefits that a legal spouse has.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    A marriage is a contractual relationship between three parties.
    Two persons and the government.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    (03-04-2013, 12:06 AM)Bunny Wrote:  I thought I'd never be one of those that would say this but....marriage counseling works. It has for me anyway. At first i didn't know if i wanted to share this. but i do. I'm proud to say this has proven to me that anything worth fighting for can be saved. Im very thankful.

Nice post Bunny.

I wish you both the very best of luck, keep working at itYay
    I know some people think that marriage counseling is a waste of time and money-- and it can be, but if there is a genuine intention to change and desire to stay together, marriage counseling can help. Then again, so could just talking.

Not throwing stones at OP, I am just saying that anyone who has benefited from therapy of any sort has done so because they have issues with communication and honest thought. When a couple is considered, you must think that it only takes one of the two to have communications breakdowns.

So, in the end the therapist or councilor is simply a vehicle used to get you two talking.

Other than that, there are a few benefits a trained therapist or educated councilor can provide: coping skills, exercises in relationship skills and most importantly, an objective point of view.

So do I believe in marriage counseling? Nah not really. Just talk, practice, cope and be objective.

Yay so glad for you guys Smile But I aslo kind of agree with WC.. Communication the best key Smile Good luck to the two of you Big Grin I think you will manage just fine Smile
    Oh trust me. communication was the problem. i personally needed the 3 party to help me with the talking part. seriously Im not saying my husband is perfect but most of our problems was me. I've been emotionally shut down for a long time. and He has loved me through it all. i so needed the help. i do feel however that we are finished with the counseling bc i want to do this talking on our own now like it was when we first got married. and before. I kept so much of myself hidden and locked away and this counseling has helped me be completely open and honest. Smile

Bunnies are better