• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• King of all Media
    This thread is dedicated to one of my all time hereos, Howard Stern. Regardless of what you think of him and if you think he's changed, he forged the path making the way for all others to follow. Even people like Leno and Letterman took from him.

I was first introduced to him in the 90s when he came to Connecticut through radio station WCCC, where he physically worked before and met Fred, the guy who makes the sound effects.

Even the stupid segments had me laughing. I never really cared as much for the lesbian segments, but his general talk and especially yelling at his staff is the stuff made of legends.

I remember personally having Cancer and being wiped out on Chemo in 1999, not being able to do much of anything, but almost passing out laughing so hard from listening to him. I feat I neve thought I'd accomplish at that time... For that, I am eternally grateful.

Jackie was funny and awesome, and them raging on him was great, when he left and was replaced with Artie, the show never lost a step. Saying who was better is like saying if I like Salmon better than Filet ignon...2 of the best choices in their field.

I have Sirius to this day to listen to Stern, but I admit the laughs are not as frequent. I listen to him for nostalgia and the fact that regardless of what you think of him, he's still one of the best interviewers in the game. I downloaded his new book, But it was really just a list of all interviews I've heard; if I would have paid for it I would have been angry.   I did buy Private Parts and watched the Movie.

Robin, Fred, Baba-Booey, even the wack pack callers came together in a perfect time to create legendary entertainment. I'm listening to old Stern clips now...

I think with all the sucesshe has, and years of therapy, he's either lost his edge to be controversial, or (like he says) he is evolving. No matter what he turned into, I'll always feel a sense of support for all the times he made bad times pass quickly.

Do you love Stern, hate him or don't care? Also, post your stern clips here...

Here is Artie telling one of my favorite stories about describing how a bookie was threatening him after finding out his friend was ripping him off on Ash Wednesday...

Wildcard liked this post
    I never really got into Howard Stern's stuff until I saw Norm MacDonald on there. I saw him on Leno when I was a kid, and even genuinely like that crazy ass movie he made back in the day, but I wasn't a fan, really.

But since I started watching a lot of Norm, Artie Lange and Howard sort of link from there.

Real talk: Howard is a douche, but he is unapologetic about that, so, in one man's opinion, that makes it okay Yay
    (06-19-2019, 06:02 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  Real talk: Howard is a douche, but he is unapologetic about that, so, in one man's opinion, that makes it okay Yay

That's part of what endeared me to him at first... Maybe with age and or the need to be accepted now, he DOES apologize to people and cleaned up his act to make himself acceptable to the A-list crowd.

When I have admitting mental issues of my own it's nice to hear someone else like that who doesn't give a fuck... But, that's the same reason why I can understand why he wants to be accepted so badly.

I love Norm, but when he was on the show that made me love him even more.

Another staple of the show was Stuttering John... That's partly why he was always out of the A-crowd.

I can watch this stuff all day...
    Another thing I like to revisit are his broadcasts of major events... Right now I'm listening to him before the OJ verdict, saying if he's found NOt guilty, he'd shave his head!!!

Another eerie thing to hear is the 9/11 broadcast.

That's not just for him though. That's a way to remember how things were by remembering little things that are overlooked. I forgot how big this trial was, and I remember it being HUGE
    Another unsung hero of the early era of the show... Billy West

You may recognize his voice from Doug or Ren and Stimpy... When you listen to everyone it seems like they all liked him but management screwed him over. Seems his career took off after he left anyway.

Funny dude

Chevy Chase was always an unfunny, pompous BITCH IMHO! I was happy to hear Bill Murry punched him.

Long video but time passes quickly as Howard tortures Fletch. I'm a little sad that Howard made up with him and they are now friends...