• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

  • KFC must pay $8.3m to poisoned girl in Australia
    #11
    Taco Bell is the only one of those establishments I will be a little sad to boycott. It's ok though, Chipotle is way better.
    Reply
    #12
    no intention to eat in any of them

    consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    Reply
    #13
    They won't end up paying anything, while these poor people are left with the costs -- emotional and financial -- of raising their daughter. The government here will help out to a reasonable extent, but shouldn't have to when the family is entitled, by legal decree, to enough compensation to take good care of her. Ask any family of a disabled child and they'll tell you that $8.3 million doesn't seem like that great a sum when you start to add it all up. It's fair, nothing more or less.

    KFC clearly doesn't want to have a precedent set. God only knows what bacteria lurks in every greasy bite of their "chicken".

    No fucking censorship. Ever.
    Reply
    #14
    I hear stories all the time from my kids friends who work at KFC & Mc Donalds.

    Not had fast food from either for 2 years

    "The compensation ordered is very much needed. KFC have to date been determined that Monika does not receive a cent."

    Hows that for pig headed management
    Reply
    #15
    It's a fucking disgrace, no two ways about it. The family's just lucky they're not in a country that doesn't have a decent publicly-funded universal healthcare system.

    No fucking censorship. Ever.
    Reply
    #16
    Amen to that.
    Reply
    #17
    I'm not going to judge either way if I don't have more facts. She could have gotten the Salmonella from home, we don't know.
    Not without being present at the courthouse.
    It's a shame for the family though either way. I hope they can take good care of her with that $ 8.3 million.
    Reply
    #18
    "The court was told that Monika was in a coma for six months after she, her parents and brother fell ill with vomiting and diarrhoea after sharing the wrap", the AAP news agency reports. The other family members all recovered.

    It has been proved in court that it was the wrap she ate made her so ill Sad
    Reply





    Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
    Rant Central
    Speak Your Mind