• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Music Is Filming Live Performance Bad Manners?
    [Image: VoKkEVw.jpg]

One of the world's leading pianists,  
    Krystian Zimerman, walked off-stage during a performance because he saw a fan filming his performance on a smartphone.

He eventually returned to the stage and finished the show but not before making this declaration:

Quote:The destruction of music because of YouTube is enormous.

Apparently his is not alone. In April, indie rock band the Yeah Yeah Yeahs put up a note for fans entering a gig.

Quote:Please do not watch the show through a screen on your smart device/camera,

Former Pink Floyd bassist and vocalist Roger Waters described filming at gigs as showing a "lack of respect" to the artist. I personally don't understand why they aren't flattered that someone wants to see the show again so much that they want to record it.

I can see if peeps were setting up video rigs and cranes in the aisles but what is the harm in grabbing a video to remember the concert by?

Am I missing something here?
    they don't get any revenue from it.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Here is a bunch of whiny ass people complaining about things that other people enjoy.

WWW.FOUROVERFOUR.JUKELY.COM
    Is It Okay To Take Videos At
    Concerts? | Four Over Four

Don't get me wrong, if a person is blasting off a flash taking pictures, I can see how that might be annoying to those around you. Or, even if someone was being obnoxious and narrating their Snapchat story or something, but these people are just mad because some people like to show their friends that they are having a good time.

None of these people seem to be offended because the other person's phone/camera was blocking their view or anything reasonable like that.

I stick to my original opinion. Just let people live their fucking lives the way that they want to.