• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• If politics were fair...
    Hi guys,

thank you all for reading and leaving responses (positive or negative...)
    I do now realize that this belongs more in slam poetry than on this website but I don't think anyone really hates me for putting it here either.

The point about crisis that I was making should not be taken too seriously as it was "my perfectly chosen words" as i said, i wrote this in less than 30 minuites and in no way is this perfect. the crisis I am refering to is the all to well know crisis of war. (myself coming from a country which the US has attacked repeatedly - and continues to - for oil wealth)
    (04-20-2014, 05:56 PM)novicerants Wrote:  (myself coming from a country which the US has attacked repeatedly - and continues to - for oil wealth)

Which country?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    (04-20-2014, 08:21 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  
    (04-20-2014, 05:56 PM)novicerants Wrote:  (myself coming from a country which the US has attacked repeatedly - and continues to - for oil wealth)

Which country?

Iran
    The United States is not attacking Iran.
    The western world is extremely concerned about Iran, which is a theocratic dictatorship, using its oil wealth to develop atomic weapons.

- Robert A. Heinlein
    no,they didn't attack it,only helped to overthrow a democraticallly elected government[mossadegh]and installed their stooge[shah reza]

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    You are referring to the 1953 Iranian coup d'├ętat, known in Iran as the "28 Mordad coup", and designated by the CIA as "Operation Ajax".
    That was more than 60 years ago. I doubt that @novicerants was even born then.
    (This post was last modified: 04-21-2014, 12:01 AM by velvetfog.)

- Robert A. Heinlein
    there's a sanctions attack going on right now which can cause the death of thousands of people ,in the case of Iraq it ran in the hundreds of thousands casualties

this threatening stance against anybody who doesn't tow the line has to stop somehow

of small minds[
    there's won't be

The western side "need" "Iran" to grips their influnce in middle east and set the save grounds for their policy regarding Israel

The Iranian theocratics leaderships need the western side to strengthen their "Anti Western" Policies which is correlated with Israelis and Palestinian conflicts

Oil just one of many reasons for these so called "conflict"
    Power and money have in top 2 of the list

[Image: fdhgsdssff.jpg]
    May My Light guides you
    We have strayed off topic (which was a poem as I recall), so I may as well stray even further. Here we go. Controversy time.

The U.S. should stop backing Israel. It should set up a plan with the leaders of Israel to have their population relocated within the next 20 years or something to various places around the world, and then the U.S. should abandon the country entirely.

If some of them refuse to relocate, which they most likely would, there are enough Jews abroad to carry on the tradition for now, after the remaining ones in Israel are slaughtered by their neighbors. Which would have happened a long time ago, but for the U.S.. They have experienced just as bad, or worse, as a people, and would survive to fight another day. I have major respect for Jews, but as it is now, Israel, as a nation and as a concept, offends so many people in the world that it should cease to exist for the time being. As peacefully as possible.

The U.S. would save a shitload of money with the withdrawal of their support and a shitload more when the region acheives a more stable environment. Which it would before too long most likely, seeing that Israel and the U.S.'s backing of it cause many if not most of the problems in that region. Let the Muslims have Jerusalem for now. They have had it before and the Jews have reclaimed it, and they may yet again, but for now it it is making a lot of the world a shitty place. And the Muslims may actually have an actual right to it as well. That is a matter for religious minds to decide. I'm only speaking politically and realistically at the moment.

Oil and oil money. That will continue to flow as it always has. Someone will always be willing to sell it to the U.S. and the rest of the world, no matter the situation, or whether Israel exists or not. It may be more expensive, it may be cheaper, who knows? But it will be there.

More on topic....

Nice poem btw considering your age. Impressive. And the one in the other thread was even better. You have talent, so don't go ruining it by trying to write about things that younger people haven't had much experience with, like politics. Stick to things more familiar to you, and leave the politics for when you get a little older. But you did manage to ignite a lively discussion from it, so what do I know? You're a better poet than me, so go for it.

that those with no rights,
    display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
    a world commiting suicide
    yes,withdraw support for israel[not the jews ofcourse]force them to withdraw from all occupied territory and make a decent deal with the refugees,instead the westbank and gaza start looking more and more like a ghetto,tunnels to bring in supplies,jets screeching overhead every few minutes and if you attack and kill a Israeli the retaliation is similar as that of the nazis in ww2,forgetting this is OCCUPIED territory,just like most of europe was,people have to right to revolt when their land is occupied

as far as oil goes,mostly big western companies sell it to everyone who wants it,actually america only imports about 10% of it's oil from the middle east,they're protecting it for big business sake,if there is a war ,the taxpayer pays.

use the money saved for infrastructural purposes and presto,great place to live in

of small minds[