• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones Thread)
    I quite like Brienne. She didn't look right at first but she's growing on me.

I do absolutely hate the way they've portrayed Margaery Tyrell though. She's too old, too knowing and too fucking ugly.

No fucking censorship. Ever.
    Can't wait to get that far Leanne!!! This show is by far my new addiction!!!! Smile

And Im curious how well the battles are going to be acted out??

Bunnies are better
    Honestly, Brienne has never been that interesting of a character to me. I agree with Leanne about Margeary tho. Its so hard to be so far along in the story, yet having to relive the past through the TV show. I got Dance with Dragons the day it was released and immediately let Mark borrow it. Now I'm waiting for the Winds Of Winter. Tyrion's character evolves so much through out the story as well as Dany. There is a lot more that I would like to talk about but I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't finished the last book.

Fistfull of xanax
    I haven't read the books but love the tv series Smile
    Best fantasy books ever written.
    My wife (who has never read any of the books) recently took up watching the series on HBO. She is getting attached to the wrong characters. She's going to end up feeling like I did about Ned Stark at the end of the first book. That's when Martin hooked me.

Fistfull of xanax
    Everyone loved Ned... but the more I read, the more I realise he was really a bit of an arsehole... a well-meaning one maybe, but nonetheless... and not really the sharpest tool in the shed either.

I didn't feel that way at all about Ned. I felt that he was bright enough but just naive about deceit and the game of thrones. He was so caught up in honor that he forgot Lannisters have none.

Wildcard is awesome.
    Jaime has honour... twisted, sure, but it's there.

And so did Tywin, in a weird kind of way. He certainly protected his family.

HODOR HODOR. HODOR HODOR HODOR!!!!! Oh and i forgot...HODOR HODOR HODOR!!! Big Grin

Bunnies are better
    Your actually right about Jamie later in the story but Tywin just had unimaginable pride I think.

Wildcard is awesome.