• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones Thread)
    I've read almost all of King's work. The Dark Tower series is one of the greatest series in literary history. Mark refuses to read them for some reason. Make him read them Aish

Fistfull of xanax
    You just hit the nail on the head. LH is a huge King fan especially DT series.

Wildcard is awesome.
    Mmmmmmark, we must talk. You simply have to read the DT series. Why don't you read them with me? I'll start with the first book again and we can form our own special book club Wub You
    It's a deal- IF you call me each night and discuss . . . Beg

Wildcard is awesome.
    I confess, I lost interest in the Dark Tower books after a couple and then just forgot about them. I should probably revisit. They have to be less frustratingly bad than the Wheel of Time series became (that should have been finished five books ago really, I only keep reading because after 13 or whatever books I'm too committed to stop).

But Song of Ice and Fire is an entirely different animal. It's way beyond pure fantasy, and in fact the fantasy element is such a small part of the books that plenty who scoff at "that magic crap" get totally hooked on these.

Though I love Tyrion, and quite like Sam and Brienne and Jaime, my favourite character is Arya Stark. Bran is a little too goody-two-shoes for my taste, but Arya is a nasty little kitten and she makes me quite happy.
    I'm a Jon Snow fan all the way. I also love Arya ratface Smile and Tyrion.

Ser Davos, Jaime and Bran are my other favorites.

Leanne Wrote:Bran is a little too goody-two-shoes for my taste

Plot Spoiler
    Bran is a cripple! How can he be a goody-two-shoes? Huh

Wildcard is awesome.
    He still wears shoes Tongue
    Jon, yes -- have you finished that last book yet? Wouldn't want to spoil anything.
    Oh I've been done with it for a while. I'm back to poetry books again for the nonce.

Wildcard is awesome.
    So, Jon's obviously going to end up a warg, otherwise he wouldn't have gone into all that detail about Sixskins in the beginning of Dance... but I guess that puts him out of the running for dragon rider.