• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones Thread)
    Definitely worth a read man.

I started the first book with the intentions of reading a couple of chapters just to see if it was something I'd like and wound up reading the three available books (at the time) one after another.

Then it was forever until Feast and then Dance seemed to take another eternity . . . then again maybe you shouldn't read them until that fatfuck finishes Tongue @System Folder

Wildcard is awesome.
    I am so ready to read The Winds of Winter that I just reread this entire thread! If you haven't seen my recent thread about it, GRRM is reportedly working on getting it done now.

Beg Hurry! Beg

WWW.RANTCENTRALFORUMS.COM
    Martin Finally Going To Finish The Winds...
    Finally some good news about the next book...
    Nooice. Currently reading Fire & Blood. Smile

Looking forward to the WofW audio and text.
    Tonght is the night, y'all! Spinning

So, no spoilers, but the season premier last night was fucking awesome!

I said that I was just going to wait and watch it today when I got home from work, but I couldn't. I was just afraid someone at work who had seen it would spoil something, so I, who usually goes to bed with the chickens, stayed up late to feed my obsession. Tongue

Anyway, with only six more episodes until the series finale, I am already starting to miss this show preemptively. XD

Here is the teaser trailer for next week:

I've been busy with the forum, so I just now got to watch S08E02...it was pretty damned amazing!

Of course, I am a huge fan, so I am biased, but still it was a great ride. Only five more episodes left...
    I don't care that I am the only person posting in this thread.

Last night's episode was amazing. I'm not usually into all the tiny details, but everything about the production was awesome. The music stood out as extremely well crafted. From the scattered battle music, to the the soft, sad cello, killing us in the rare, quiet moments.

This season has been so good...can't wait to see the rest. Wub You
    (04-29-2019, 01:30 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  I'm not usually into all the tiny details,

To me, tiny details have the biggest impact. That's what separates good shows from epic shows.

Especially the choice in music... Sopranos, that breaking Bad clip I saw, the Wire, among others, adds music choices that make you actually feel something besides just watching it.

I wish I can contribute my opinion to GoT, but I've yet to watch... I'm glad you seem to be enjoying it.
    (This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 02:21 PM by LZA.)
    (04-29-2019, 02:19 PM)LZA Wrote:  
    (04-29-2019, 01:30 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  I'm not usually into all the tiny details,

To me, tiny details have the biggest impact. That's what separates good shows from epic shows.

I agree with that, but I'm mostly talking about getting so in-depth as to forget to just enjoy the show.

I have friends on Reddit that get bummed the fuck out if their favorite show breaks some sort of unwritten production principle (that I am generally, completely unaware of). I don't give fucks about all that.

(04-29-2019, 02:19 PM)LZA Wrote:  I'm glad you seem to be enjoying it.

OMG yes.

I was telling someone today that I watch this show like I did when I was a little kid: knees up to my chest, mouth opening and closing, shouting stuff at the screen...I am completely invested in this show/story.
    I'm listening to people talk about it. I guess there was a fight scene that was shot unusually dark? Did you notice this? People were pissed since they were saying they couldn't see the action.