• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Home Bible Studies Require Permit in OC, CA
    This for real you can’t do whatever you want in your own home. Or is it the making a profit that has them annoyed.
    As far as I know 'profit' isn't being considered. It is being attacked as 'unlawful assembly'.

Wildcard is awesome.
    Only in America

The land of the free and the home of the brave.
    Not only in America.

Religious freedoms are attacked all over the globe.

Wildcard is awesome.
    as i recall when i saw this on the news, the profit was a part of it... but it was mainly the irritated neighbors. i like the fact that the video didn't indicate how 'large' their bible study group was... lol... from the videos i saw on tv, it looked like someone was having a pretty big party.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    (02-29-2012, 08:51 AM)bob5695 Wrote:  i defend that each and every person should be free to do whatever they please as long as they do not cause harm to a third party.

ABSOLUTELY!! But we all know that's an ideal world?!
    (04-21-2012, 01:39 PM)Mark Wrote:  Not only in America.

Religious freedoms are attacked all over the globe.

I agree. But religion has become an even deadlier weapon than carrying a gun.
    (04-22-2012, 05:46 AM)Lightbringer Wrote:  I agree. But religion has become an even deadlier weapon than carrying a gun.

I respectfully disagree, but I know where you are coming from. Since time immemorial people have abused others with overbearing presumptuous religious practices, but that doesn't mean that religion (or the freedom to practice religion) is dangerous. It is everyone's right to believe what they like and practice that belief within the bounds of the law . . . I can't see how that is dangerous.

Wildcard is awesome.
    (04-22-2012, 11:11 AM)Mark Wrote:  
    (04-22-2012, 05:46 AM)Lightbringer Wrote:  I agree. But religion has become an even deadlier weapon than carrying a gun.

I respectfully disagree, but I know where you are coming from. Since time immemorial people have abused others with overbearing presumptuous religious practices, but that doesn't mean that religion (or the freedom to practice religion) is dangerous. It is everyone's right to believe what they like and practice that belief within the bounds of the law . . . I can't see how that is dangerous.

Waco Texas ring a bell? JonesTown ring a bell?

Quote: It is everyone's right to believe what they like and practice that belief within the bounds of the law . . .

True. I agree to an extent.
    (04-22-2012, 12:24 PM)Lightbringer Wrote:  Waco Texas ring a bell? JonesTown ring a bell?

Oh I know that religion can become a problem as can anything involving us idiot humans. It just sounds like you are arguing that people shouldn't have those freedoms.

Is that what you are saying?

Wildcard is awesome.