• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Home Bible Studies Require Permit in OC, CA
    That's because only three people would show up, see that a woman lives next door and huddle pathetically together under the largest Klingon mask, not daring to say a word.

No fucking censorship. Ever.
    (03-03-2012, 01:38 AM)Leanne Wrote:  That's because only three people would show up, see that a woman lives next door and huddle pathetically together under the largest Klingon mask, not daring to say a word.

It's easy to see that you have a lot of respect for Trekkies Tongue

On topic: I just think it's ridiculous. Being a pastor's son I can relate to the way government here treats churches like businesses- and actually though it isn't fair to the whole, a great many churches are businesses plain and simple. What about those that are not, though?

My father has never received a salary from his church and actually comes out his pocket every month to make ends meet for the church budget. Yet he and the church are constantly hit with permits and costs because by state law it isn't a true NP organization.

Well a Bible study is definitely NP and yet these people are being harrassed!? What's next? A permit to have a party? A permit to have a wedding at your home? A permit to fucking cookout!? AngryAngryAngry

Wildcard is awesome.
    it's probably the official church lobby that got to the government,they don't like the competition

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    There are all kinds of ridiculous and pathetic laws polluting public discourse. The woman leading a course I was on said she couldn't legally bring in a radio and play music for us because she would be in violation of broadcasting laws or some shit. I'm not an anarchist, but sometimes I wish people would rise up more often and demand less government intervention. I mean, regarding this Bible study issue, for fuck's sake, it's their home. Why does anyone have the right to say what you can and can't do in your own fucking home?
    i don't think it would stand up in a court.......would it?

of small minds[
    I certainly hope not, though as Leanne said, what would the punishment be? An hour on the naughty step? I don't see anyone going bankrupt or being incarcerated then raped by a hairy gay secularist because they held Bible studies at their home. It's the principle of the thing which is offensive.
    absolutely,it's the principle

of small minds[
    Well being an ardent hater of religion of any kind I agree that the law in California, Orange County is infringing on the rights of fanatics. Hell let them have their babble study meetings in their homes what is it going to hurt? As long as it does not turn into another Waco or something......
    Dont you sit on the fence now Lightbringer you tell em!
    san juan capistrano (sjc)... very old, small town...

this 'bible study' nonsense is actually them running a church out of their house, accepting donations and basically making a profit. in addition, in a residential area in sjc... they were clogging the narrow residential streets with their fishy emblem cars. the city intervened because their neighbors complained.

they still have their religious freedom, they just have to go to a church... or closet... they can't just have one in their house.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.