• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Half a Second to Live - What Would You Do?
    (01-21-2015, 01:41 AM)radiobox Wrote:  A mechanism/device named 'Turtle Excluder Device' is used to prevent turtles from getting trapped in fishing nets.
    Maybe a similar idea is required. Say, take in a bulk of snow, "process" it, then move on, instead of just ploughing through.

such a thing already exists: a sense of self preservation (a.k.a.: 'staying the fuck away from the big spinning bladed thing.')

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Wildcard liked this post
    Sir, Yes Sir !

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
    I agree with @BrownJenkin, half a second isn't even enough time to think, "Oh fuck!"

If I had one minute to live, I would spend it seeking the cure for my illness/issue/curse
    Yes. OK. Well then, please change the time to whatever you would feel comfortable.

Don't use my "half a second" to limit the response you would like to make.

I apologize if my initial specification of "half a second" caused you to limit your responses.

I'm sorry.
    BrownJenkin liked this post
    (01-21-2015, 07:37 PM)AliShibaz Wrote:  I apologize if my initial specification of "half a second" caused you to limit your responses.

I'm sorry.

Not good enough. Please remove an item of clothing.
    i wud screem lowdlee!!!!
    Sad story, but shit happens. I was on the back of a motorcycle and when I saw that we were going to crash, I let myself go limp as if to say, "okay." When you know or think it is the end, go gracefully.

"Death be not proud, though some have called thee"

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
    For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
    Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
    From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee, 5
    Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
    And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
    Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
    Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
    And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell, 10
    And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
    And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;
    One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
    And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die. ~ John Donne

[Image: XKgU.jpg]
    Heresy is only another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene
    (01-21-2015, 05:19 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  I agree with @BrownJenkin, half a second isn't even enough time to think, "Oh fuck!"

If I had one minute to live, I would spend it seeking the cure for my illness/issue/curse

OK. I agree. So, make it a tenth of a second. Izzat better?

I'm just kidding. Don't poop your diaper.

You can make it 5 seconds ... or even 10 seconds if you want.

The rest of the people on this board can make it whatever they feel would be necessary for them to do whatever they need to do so they can make a post they will be happy with.

Howzzzat?
    op needs to define what this thread is about:

a few seconds to live, what to do? OR things that canadians do in the snow... /mod

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    Oh! OK. The "op" ... that would be me. Right? OK. Lemme try then. I need to defend what this thread is about. OK. Here is an excerpt from the first post in this thread:

"Now, here is the point of this thread. I want to ask you all just what you think would go through a person's mind, when see this massive snow blower with all its massive blades about to suck them in."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And here is my explanation:

I wanted to ask people what they think would go through their minds when they see they are about to die and there is just no way they can avoid that. They will die in a few seconds and I wanted to ask just what they think would go thru their minds when that happens. What do you think would go through their mind?

One possible example for AliShibaz might be: "I feel regretful that I often gave Sporkium a hard time by making silly jokes that caused him to waste his time. I shouldn't have ought to have done that. I should have spent that time trying to romance Spud (That is another silly joke. Sorry Spud.)

I hope that is a fair definition of what this thread is about. Is that OK?

P.S. I was only kidding when I said, "I need to defend what this thread is about. I knew you said 'define' - not 'defend'. I wuz making a little AliShibaz joke."
    (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015, 10:35 AM by AliShibaz.)