• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Movies: Films You've Watched Recently
    (06-04-2019, 06:21 PM)LZA Wrote:  Ya, Westerns never did it for me... I was more into car movies/shows. Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky and Hutch, Knight Rider, etc. I think the old-time way they lived bums me out... Outhouses and if you get shot you get to bite down on a strap after swigging whiskey. Almost medieval... I know that sounds stupid, maybe that's why I could never get into it...

It's interesting. Your list of why you don't like it is my list of why I do.

I have always liked the primitive. I go camping when I can because I enjoy a dose making myself comfortable without all the gadgets and entertainment. When I get away from all the distractions, I find that boredom will have me dragging big rocks around to make a good seat; digging a pit for the fire, so that I can cook without getting ashes blown into my food; or just kicking back and imagining what it would be like if I actually live out there in the wilderness all alone.

That's a big part of why I like frontier stories. It has always been amazing to me how those pioneers made it work. Some by hard work and sweat, and others by skill with a gun.
    I watched Galveston last night.

It was almost enthralling, from beginning to end. Almost.

What a great, action-packed, emotion film...with a lackluster, boring ending. I obviously won't spoil it, but while it doesn't make me want to dissuade people from watching it, and it will still get a decent score from me, it did leave me a little bit disappointed.

WWW.IMDB.COM
    Galveston (2018) - IMDb
    Directed by Mélanie Laurent. With Ben Foster, Jeffrey Grover,...

6/10