• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Movies: Films You've Watched Recently
    I just finished watching Glass. It was an awesome movie that I've been waiting to see, made even better by waiting to find it in 4K. To be honest, after a few minutes of watching a 4K movie, you forget all about that and just get caught up in the movie, but there are moments when you see a reflection of someone's face in a flying brass cartridge and it just makes you do that little nerd giggle.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6823368/

The cinematography was really beautiful. Some of the shots of all three supers were done so well, and framed in such a way that The Overseer was always just out of frame, or barely covered up by the Doc.

As to the acting, obviously James McAvoy is killing it, but credit goes to a great supporting cast, as well.

I loved it, and will definitely watch it again as it seems to be the kind of movie that you could garner a little more from repeat viewing.

7.5/10
    The Mule
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7959026/?re...f_=nv_sr_1

5/10

Meh...

Wasn't bad... Good time waster but nothing significant.
    Thanks, I was planning on watching that next week, but I'll wait.
    (05-27-2019, 07:45 AM)Wildcard Wrote:  Thanks, I was planning on watching that next week, but I'll wait.

Ya...I won't spoil but when you do watch it I think you may agree that the story was lazily written in some aspects... If you don't agree let me know and I'll explain what part I'm talking about... Can't tell you now though since you haven't seen it... Smile
    @LZA it is crazy how two different people can watch the same movie and have very different opinions about it.

I just got through watching The Mule (2018), and I absolutely loved it. In all fairness, I'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan.

A lot of this comes down to taste, but for me, it snuggled right into one of my favorite-kind-of-movie niches. Not only was it very entertaining, to me, but I actually laughed out loud a few times. I'm used to seeing Eastwood play a tough guy, and I guess in his own way, Tata was tough, but he was also a frail old man...not giving a fuck was his super power.

So, yeah, I liked it. Its a safe bet that I'll watch it again.

7.75/10
    There were some funny parts, but it just drug on for me without too much of a final payoff. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong... Like I said, eh... Glad you liked it though. From reviews, you are not the only one so maybe it was just me...

Favorite Eastwood movie is a tie between Gran Torino or Heartbreak Ridge.
    (06-02-2019, 04:35 PM)LZA Wrote:  Favorite Eastwood movie is a tie between Gran Torino or Heartbreak Ridge.

I'm surprised by this.

My favorite Clint Eastwood movie is High Plains Drifter. I love Heartbreak Ridge and Gran Torino, but I am an Eastwood fan because of the Pale Rider and Dirty Harry.
    (06-03-2019, 08:32 AM)Wildcard Wrote:  I'm surprised by this.

If I took the time to bore you by telling you how much I hate, HATE, HATE westerns, you wouldn't be as surprised... The ONLY acceptable western used to be Tombstone... Now I can tolerate a few others...

John Wayne is a bitch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/

Another movie I didn't really get into... Maybe it would have been better if I watched the original. It seemed to drag on forever.

5/10
    (This post was last modified: 06-03-2019, 10:01 AM by LZA.)
    (06-03-2019, 09:57 AM)LZA Wrote:  If I took the time to bore you by telling you how much I hate, HATE, HATE westerns, you wouldn't be as surprised...

Again, I'm surprised. I was raised on westerns and John Wayne in particular. Big fan.

A lot our "favorites" are decided upon when we are very young...mostly because we are impressionable. I grew up watching Gun Smoke, Bonanza, and The Rifleman, among others. I went on to read hundreds of western novels by the likes of Louis L'Amour, Zane Grey, and others...I've just always loved that world.
    Ya, Westerns never did it for me... I was more into car movies/shows. Dukes of Hazzard, Starsky and Hutch, Knight Rider, etc. I think the old-time way they lived bums me out... Outhouses and if you get shot you get to bite down on a strap after swigging whiskey. Almost medieval... I know that sounds stupid, maybe that's why I could never get into it...