• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Rant: Facebook, Google, and Other Untrustworthy Scumbags
    Least you got a job homie Smile
    Oh, for sure, @politux.

I just hate that I spend a lot of time dealing with social media plugins, Google extensions, etc. It is like working to help the enemy.

That's why I am so proud of my work with Firefox. I haven't done that much, but at least I believe in the same things they do, for the most part.
    Word. I wouldn't feel bad working with google stuff though. It's kinda hard to avoid. I got a YT chan ffs.
    I conveniently forget that YouTube is Google shit from time to time...
    I know I'm basically the only one posting in this thread, but damn, I can't go anywhere without seeing more reputable stories outing Facebook as a bunch of sweater-vest and khaki-clad thugs.

Revealed: Facebook’s global lobbying against data privacy laws

Quote:Social network targeted legislators around the world, promising or threatening to withhold investment
    I don't really post here because although I know these platforms are fucked up, I'm too addicted to them to shit talk them as I'd feel hypocritical. I guess the ideas of these sites are cool, but the underhanded uses it was makes them evil.

I like visiting the different groups, like the Grand Tour and Soprano discussion group. I don't even care as much about what my "friends" say... Most are political BS and posts about bitching about stuff anyway. FB is the biggest loser since they are into privacy betrayal while the others (from what I can see), are more into political agendas and censorship for the most part Twitter and YouTube, for example)... Probably wrong though...

YouTube is my favorite, then Twitter. I must be too old for Instagram since I barely know what it's for...Posting pictures???  I guess I'm a mainstream sheep when it comes to this...
    (This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 07:44 PM by LZA.)
    Wildcard liked this post
    It is really getting hard to believe now. This shit is just getting worse and worse. If they can't handle basic shit like hashing passwords, how in the fuck are they managing such a huge piece of the Internet?

Good god! WTF

WWW.CNN.COM
    Facebook Staff Had Access To Hundreds Of
    Millions Of People's Passwords
    (03-21-2019, 09:22 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  It is really getting hard to believe now. This shit is just getting worse and worse. If they can't handle basic shit like hashing passwords, how in the fuck are they managing such a huge piece of the Internet?

Good god! WTF

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/21/tech/face...index.html

every company backdoors their shit and has something that someone doesn't agree with. there is no point worrying about anything internet related whether its microsoft, facebook, google, instagram or whatever other service.

things that fill up this thread will happen sooner or later with every internet related service. there is just no point in worrying about it anymore. everyone already has all the info they need about you.

so rip. my opinion about it all is. just live your life and don't worry about these things. as all these articles are only good at starting drama however nothing ever happens to change things. so there is no point wasting time on it.

now if you excuse me, i have a video to upload to YouTube and i gotta place that youtube video link on my Facebook Page!! cause FUCK YE!

p.s.

On a different note: Article 13 IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!! rip the internet!
    (This post was last modified: 03-24-2019, 02:50 PM by HTorr3ntz.)
    Now Amazon is back in the news with disturbing accusations that Alexa is listening in on unsuspecting users while inactive WTF

WWW.CNN.COM
    Amazon Reportedly Employs Thousands Of
    People To Listen To Your Alexa Conversations