• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Extremely Slow Page Loading
    The last week every time i get on rant centrals gomobile theme it takes me nearly 4-5 minutes before a page will load clearly enough so i can post a comment. it hasn't been this way before and Im still using the same cell phone i always have. also tonight it took me over 15 minutes to get logged in a make 2 posts!! Help?!!!

Bunnies are better
    Do other sites load quicker?

Have you tried changing themes?

I just disabled the sideboxes for MyBB GoMobile . . . tell me if that helps.
    You should clear your browser on the phone..
    clear your phones cache.
    contact your phone company and demand satisfaction.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    I've cleared the cache already and it may have helped very little.

it loads half the images and most of the page. pauses 3 or 4 minutes then loads the rest.

@sporkium good idea. lol. i DONT think it would help. if so i would have screamed at them already. Im so frustrated. rant central is my little get away everyday and i Dont get on as much bc of this. Sad

Bunnies are better
    to be honest, rc is loading fairly quickly on my end and from my proxies which would lead me to believe that the issue is on your end.

if clearing your cache didn't help much, see how much free memory space you have on your phone.

what could be happening is that your ram memory is full and you don't have enough storage space to use as virtual ram... just an idea.

also, complaining to your phone company might help... it's very possible that they don't have enough bandwidth for everyone in your area and that is leading to slow page loads.

if you had some way to ping the server from your phone, that might help.

hz, is it possible for you to ping op from the server... is it even possible to ping a cellphone?

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
    i dont know if it possible to ping a phone, i assume it is, but why would i wanna ping his phone?
    if i do it, it will only tell the loading speeds of my current location, not server wise. if i ping his phone directly from the server, it will not effect his loading times, the might might be able to connect perfectly fine to his phone, which doesnt mean he can connect perfectly fine to the server. its probably like you stated a ram or bandwidth issue on his end.
    Hi Im bunny with the phone issue. Im a SHE. LOL. Big Grin

I tried clearing my cache again and deleted Alot of extra Crap taking up memory. it did help some. loading Alot faster. but @wildcard deleting the dropbox didn't make a difference. please put it back. Smile

Bunnies are better
    you are a he for me, unless you have proven otherwise Tongue