• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Do You Believe In Psychics?
    yes,i have that with clients i take on treks in the mountains,sometimes when they arrive and i see them for the first time i look at one and think,oh,oh,and something always happens to that person,but what can you do,tell them they can't come because i had that oh.oh,feeling?

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    When it comes to our children us mothers are a force to be reckoned with I think.

In 2005 my oldest son was in another city with his dad, attending a concert. I fell asleep with a candle burning on my windowsill. It caught the windowsill on fire, the wall, etc. I woke up because my phone was ringing, but it seemed quite far away, and it took me a while to grasp that the phone was ringing, it was my phone, wake up and answer. When I did it was my son, practically yelling into the phone wanting to know what was wrong and why had it taken me so long to answer? He had been letting the phone ring for about 3 minutes straight. He had gotten an irresistible urge to call me and said he couldn't shake the feeling something was very wrong. If he hadn't called, and been insistent I answer, I wouldn't be here now.

Last year we attended a small party with my son and his girlfriend. Everyone was having a great time, and I turned to his girlfriend and said "Watch him for me, Abby, he's scaring me". She thought I was nuts. After about an hour I went home and went to bed. She called me 3 hours later, frantic. He wasn't breathing. I drove across town as fast as I could and when I got tot heir apartment he was face down on the carpet in a puddle of blood, ashen. I managed to get him into my car (he's 6'1" and weighs around 215 lbs) and drove him to the ER.
    (12-19-2011, 12:06 AM)srijantje Wrote:  yes,i have that with clients i take on treks in the mountains,sometimes when they arrive and i see them for the first time i look at one and think,oh,oh,and something always happens to that person,but what can you do,tell them they can't come because i had that oh.oh,feeling?

Exactly, sj.
    Bump

Do you believe in psychic powers? Do you have a story to share?

Wildcard is awesome.
    I don't believe in psychic powers, sorry.

I walk a lot from the station to home at night, and sometimes I get a bit jumpy.
    If I would get attacked, it would be "a premonition" and I would remember it for the rest of my life.

Since I don't, I don't think it's important and I don't remember it as a "false premonition", actually I don't remember it at all.

Hence, I will think I have psychic powers, due to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I do believe people pick up a lot of clues subconsiously, like Srjantje with tourists.
    Is that experience or psychic power? I believe it to be the former.
    (12-16-2012, 03:18 PM)Mark Wrote:  Bump

Do you believe in psychic powers? Do you have a story to share?

i believe no-one on this planet has psychic powers.....no-one Dodgy

I don't sugarcoat anything.....do i look like willy fucking wonka to you
    well,i think time doesn't move linear but in circles ,hence people who can "look"into the future

of small minds[
    I'm ultra-cynical when people tell me they are psychic because they fall to pieces when their arguments are challenged. A 'psychic' friend once dragged me along to a 'spiritualist church' and i only went along for a laugh and because i wanted an argument with one of these people. It started off with the typical stuttering you see at these places, some person says 'oh i have a gentleman with me who wants to speak to someone here, his name is J,J,J,J..' Audience members then shout out names beginning with J, and the psychic simply picks one randomly and goes with that.

The guy kept hearing me mumble stuff like 'what a crock of shit,' and so turned his attention to me. 'Someone has a message for you...,' he announced loudly. He proceeded to describe a cigar-smoking hat-wearing elderly man, but couldn't give me any details of who he was, his name, his date of death, where he lived, in fact anything useful that could be used to identify him. Angry at what this guy was doing, and angry at the audience for believing him, i turned the tables on him and played my own game of 'i too have a dead person here with a message for you.' I came out with the vaguest of statements that could apply to anyone, sadly, no one challenged me and i was invited to stay behind at the end to talk further. This is the kind of place where you'd make a killing selling underwater hairdryers.

I once knew a guy who claimed to be able to move objects with his mind (telekinesis), but when i asked him to demonstrate, he suddenly developed a migraine. I'm pretty open-minded about these kinds of abilities, but in my experience, i've never met anyone who truly possessed any of them.
    I had an aunt who could predict things,sort of see into the future among other abilities,i must say that i was too young at the time to be directly involved but my father[a complete skeptic in these matters]took her quiet seriously when she told him to be very carefull in the next couple of weeks,he went as far as upping his life insurance policy,2 weeks or so later he had a horrendous car accident,got away without a scratch,but even so.....

of small minds[
    I do not believe there is one person on this planet that is psychic. its bull. but with that being said i do believe in the fact there are some ppl with a heightened sense of awareness and i have experienced such with my grandfather. they do more as i say, predicting things. numerous times in my life my grandpa has given specific warnings to different ppl. and either they avoided the thing or it just happened and came to pass. although my belief is that this is a special gift from a higher being. i believe in God and that He gives us all some kind of extraordinary ability. we just may not use it or know what it is.

my great grandmother who is 97 has dreams that almost always come true. and she interpreted dreams of mine. she's always been so accurate that it freaks me out. but again i believe this is a gift from God and i Dont care if anyone agrees with me about that or not. I've heard my grandma pray for hours at night and then the next morning she would tell me what i had dreamed before i even told her. Im convinced she has a true gift. and some of it could be that we are extremely close to each other.

Bunnies are better