• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Diabetes Control
    Another note:

I've just been prescribed Metformin. While it's got my levels under control and decreased my insulins by 90%, there are some side effects.

AS SOON as I started taking it my eyes got out of focus. According to research, That's a good thing since my eyes are reshaping due to not having the extra glucose in my cells... HOWEVER, it's driving me F-in NUTS since I can't really see... It looks like I'm walking around in a shower or sauna... I have glasses to correct for long distance which helps with driving, but typing this post is a bitch...

High sugar+drug use cause me to have a seizure and lose about 30% vision in my right eye , now my left eye is worse... Can't wait and am hopeful it corrects SOON.

If you lose vision after years of Metformin, they say that's due to a vitamin B-12 deficiency... A few reasons I'm posting this

1) to make people aware this can happen with Metformin

2) To ask if others experienced similar issues with this drug

3) to remind the importance of eye exams (although my doc told me to hold off until my levels stabalize at a lower level)

4) to bitch and moan about it...

Here is the article I read:
    https://www.sepalika.com/type-2-diabetes...permanent/
    (This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 05:41 PM by LZA.)
    type 1 & 2 are quite different as is gestational. the biggest danger for type 1 is low blood sugar and type 2 is high blood sugar. the fastest way to lower your blood sugar is drink water. the fastest way to raise it is to eat like 3 livesavers or a similar candy and then eat some protein and healthy carbs. exercise is good but diet is the best way to lose weight for type 2. sugar makes your blood thicker and that is no bueno.
    LZA liked this post
    (03-30-2019, 11:07 AM)BigDadE Wrote:  type 1 & 2 are quite different as is gestational. the biggest danger for type 1 is low blood sugar and type 2 is high blood sugar. the fastest way to lower your blood sugar is drink water. the fastest way to raise it is to eat like 3 livesavers or a similar candy and then eat some protein and healthy carbs. exercise is good but diet is the best way to lose weight for type 2. sugar makes your blood thicker and that is no bueno.

Water, now that i'm used to it, is the best thing I could have done. Along with aerobic exercise. Your body craves H2O. I feel so much better with diet soda and 1/2 gallon of water a day. Regular soda is a; so a good way to quickly spike low blood sugar, but that's like killing a fly with a cannonball... I'll drink like half a can then feel better in a few mins.

I can tell when I test, my blood is thinner and flows more easily when it's normal... Like you said sometimes it's so thick it comes out like maple sugar... And your pee gets sticky.

Another med that can fuck you up is statins. It's a cholesterol med that is used to protect the arteries, but sometimes the negatives outway the positives. Diet + exercise is the best way IMO...