• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Christian groups sue to stop Kansas schools from adopting science
    I most certainly don't want to get into an argument about the veracity of the bible or of certain scientific claims either. My only point was that neither one is proven true, no matter how much someone believes in either one. Faith is a wonderful thing and can help many people. Whether that faith is the faith in the power of God or of Science (<--note the capital) or Religion or a Flying Spaghetti Monster. No one knows the 'true' answer. I suspect no one ever will know. The human race will eventually die out someday from something, and not a single one of us will have known the truth. That I will bet money on.

But I also have no money, so if God or Muhammed or someone would give me some to bet with, that would be cool.

that those with no rights,
    display the right to have no life, to have respect they must accept
    a world commiting suicide
    (09-28-2013, 11:00 PM)SkinnyP Wrote:  But I also have no money, so if God or Muhammed or someone would give me some to bet with, that would be cool.

I've been looking into the Law of attraction (like the law of physics) , where like attracts like. So If I say I have money, money will come to me!!

I'm still looking into it, but the only thing I know is when a day starts shitty, It gets shittier due to the law of attraction... THAT would make sense...my wife thinks i'm hookey but it makes sense to me!
    (09-28-2013, 11:26 PM)LZA Wrote:  
    (09-28-2013, 11:00 PM)SkinnyP Wrote:  But I also have no money, so if God or Muhammed or someone would give me some to bet with, that would be cool.

I've been looking into the Law of attraction (like the law of physics) , where like attracts like. So If I say I have money, money will come to me!!

I'm still looking into it, but the only thing I know is when a day starts shitty, It gets shittier due to the law of attraction... THAT would make sense...my wife thinks i'm hookey but it makes sense to me!

You are a bit of a lunatic and that has nothing to do with the topic of YOUR thread, but ok. That is all lies and a scam and stop buying into it. Life is what you make of it. Not what you are owed. Or due. Or what you deserve. Or are karma-ized into getting.

That 'law of attraction' is nothing short of a new 'religion' or 'science' and is infinitely more useless than either of those.

I used to drop nail-bombs out of my car window on my way home from work. Now 10 years later, I can't seem to keep my driver's side tires properly inflated for more than a month or so. I do realize that it's a coincidence and has nothing to do with karma, energy, or any other claptrap reasons.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    You should sue the school system that taught you right from wrong.

…and maybe sue the place I used to work for keeping the nails and sandwich bags so tantalizingly close together.

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    Kansas is right in the Baptist bible belt, so It is no wonder that the folks there would prefer to suppress science.

[Image: religion-jpg1.png]

[Image: bad-image.png]
    (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 05:49 PM by velvetfog.)

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    Too bad the tornado can't take out the bible thumping ridiculousness.It would be one thing to teach there religion in addition to science. Can't these people see that not teaching Science is a form of fear on their parts??? If god is so strong, let them learn both with the knowledge that the religious bonds will hold them together.
    (09-28-2013, 04:01 PM)kath3 Wrote:  The Creator is not a man.
    "You have never heard his voice nor seen his form. John 5:37

Then how do you explain gods many appearances in the bible ?

I don't sugarcoat anything.....do i look like willy fucking wonka to you
    The bible, much like Kansas's text books, is not meant to be taken literally.