• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Cannibal Cop
    If you don't know, in NY a police officer was charged and found guilty of conspiracy to commit kidnapping and illegally gaining access to a law enforcement database and faces the possibility of life in prison for the first charge and one year for the second charge. While he is obviously guilty of the second, is he really guilty of the first?

The case involves Gilberto Valle and his involvement in internet chat rooms. Most specifically this one.

Following link NSFW - gore, nudity, etc.

http://darkfetishnet.com/

Valle was involved in online fantasies of kidnapping and eating various women, but never physically kidnapped or harmed anyone. It was all done in chat rooms and forums.

There is more info here.

I was wondering what you thought of it? I personally think it sets a bad precedent. If they can arrest you for what you say in a forum or online chat, even if it is disturbing, a lot of people could end up in jail. I've heard worse on IRC and 4chan among many others.
    AliShibaz liked this post
    Quote:prosecutors argued that the officer took actual steps to further his plot, like conducting surveillance of potential victims.

Had he been recorded as saying, 'Yeah baby, then I take you into the woods and rape your dead body oooohhhh!' while busting a nut on his keyboard then I would go with 'whatever floats your boat', but this guy was using (and abusing) his privileges as a police officer to gain information about these people and then actually following through with reconnaissance-- too much, way too creepy.

Quote:At the crux of the case was whether prosecutors could prove that Mr. Valle, who is married and has a baby girl, was not simply role playing, as so many of his like-minded Internet peers apparently were, but laying the groundwork for actually kidnapping, torturing and killing the women he had singled out.

^that

I mean goddamn its one thing for @Caylus to get on furry forums and talk about getting plunked by a sea turtle, but that is fantasy.

Now when he gives tips on fucking violent animals without getting injured-- that's more like the above.
    I do not know what to think of this.

The possibility to get life in prison for something you ultimately did not do?
    Hardly fair if you ask me.

Jail him for stalking, abusing power, everything you can think of, but not for thoughtcrimes plz.

(03-21-2013, 06:48 PM)Wildcard Wrote:  I mean goddamn its one thing for @Caylus to get on furry forums and talk about getting plunked by a sea turtle, but that is fantasy.

Now when he gives tips on fucking violent animals without getting injured-- that's more like the above.

I see sharing tips as my duty Undecided Do you know how many school children get injured every year by not taking the proper precautions since there's such a taboo on their lifestyle?

Take for example horse lovin': Always have a second with you when you let a horse take you from behind. This can easily result in injury if not performed well/horse gets too excited, in which case intervention of the second person is needed.
    This disgusting case illustrates that some pigs will eat anything. Confused

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
    - Robert A. Heinlein
    fuckme ,they got 40,000 members

conspiracy to kidnapping maybe?too creepy for my tasteConfused

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    Valle should definitely be done for stalking and abusing his power to compile over 100 profiles of women, but not for his thoughts and fantasies, although I can't help wonder what would have happened had his wife not found the stuff on his computer and reported him. He was charged with conspiring to kidnap and kill women, conspiracy is a crime, how did Valle not realise or consider this? It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens to the UK nurse who allegedly coached him over the internet on cannibalistic techniques.

Couldn't access that darkfetish link, chrome has blocked access to all links, including the index pages.
    (03-21-2013, 11:58 PM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  Couldn't access that darkfetish link, chrome has blocked access to all links, including the index pages.

Maybe that is for the best. Such things are not for such tender eyes as yours.

I also think he should get some time in jail. Especially for the illegal database searches, and for what was otherwise relatively minor stalking. But life in prison? That is too harsh for what he did, IMO. The jury was biased because of his personal tastes. If he had done everything else except for posting on that site, he would be probably be facing a few years tops.
    There have been a few developments in this case, so I thought I would give an update.

The original 'cannibal cop', Valle, is still awaiting sentencing, but now the police have discovered more plots. A man Valle was corresponding with, Michael Van Hise, in order to avoid prosecution, agreed to help the police with "probing violent sexual role play websites". That led them to two more men who are now charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Not the same kidnapping as the 'cannibal cop', but an unrelated one.

Story
    http://news.yahoo.com/two-linked-cannibal-cop-case-charged-nyc-kidnap-211402656.html

This raises the question, if one person who happens to frequent a particular website is found guilty of a crime, is it then right to investigate everyone who uses that website or a similar one?

If, for example, some other user here and I plotted to kill someone in our private correspondence (and I didn't, Mr. FBI!!!) would that give them the right to investigate everyone who uses RC and SB and other similar forums? This whole thing bothers me.
    What the hell...

Quote:Asch allegedly provided an undercover agent with a taser gun, a ski mask, hypodermic needles, documents describing a device called a ‘leg-spreader' and another called a ‘dental retractor' and the sleep agent doxepin hydrochloride, FBI Assistant Director George Venizelos said.

This is the only guy in this whole story who should get life in prison.

I believe the rest if they say it's only roleplay, but this dude here sold quite dangerous stuff to someone who might have been planning to commit a crime with it. That's, in my opinion, real conspiracy to commit a crime.

EDIT: @Caylus, love your avatar Big Grin
    (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013, 12:19 PM by Roichlem.)
    (04-16-2013, 12:16 PM)Roichlem Wrote:  What the hell...

Quote:Asch allegedly provided an undercover agent with a taser gun, a ski mask, hypodermic needles, documents describing a device called a ‘leg-spreader' and another called a ‘dental retractor' and the sleep agent doxepin hydrochloride, FBI Assistant Director George Venizelos said.

This is the only guy in this whole story who should get life in prison.

I believe the rest if they say it's only roleplay, but this dude here sold quite dangerous stuff to someone who might have been planning to commit a crime with it. That's, in my opinion, real conspiracy to commit a crime.

EDIT: @Caylus, love your avatar Big Grin
    All that stuff is legal to sell and easy to obtain except maybe the sleeping pills.

And roichlem, it's not a furry dating site here Undecided Please do not derail threads by trying to pick up dates.