• Search
  • Member List
  • Help
  • Random Thread

• Are Couples With No Children Obligated To Attend Parties For Kids?
    Hell no, don't go. Big Grin

It depends on the relationship you have with your friends, and the types of parties on offer for the childless.

A friend of mine and his missus, who I've known for about 20 years, always invite me to their kid's parties (now 16, and 19, so they host their own now). I've watched the kids grow up and love them all to bits, but the reason I went to the parties is because my friends had the foresight to stage separate parties for the adults who didn't want to stand around listening to a bunch of other people's kids scream their little heads off.

Beer, weed, the usual, was always on offer next to a huge spread of food. One room was filled with happy children, balloons and mess, the other was filled with dirty, heavy rock music - the air thick with smoke and obscenities.

I have other friends though who don't cater for those without kids, and I refuse to go. I'm not going to pretend to anyone that I'm happy and comfortable in an environment filled with noisy, unpredictable, and usually smelly children, but my friends know me well enough not to be offended in any way when I don't attend their little tyke's do's.

As for the gift protocol, again it depends on your relationship with your friends. If I've known them a long time, I might drop a gift off, but I don't feel any obligation to do so.
    wildcard liked this post

Messages In This Thread