[Image: lbq2Ymv.jpg]

consistency is the hobdob
    of small minds[
    Vladimar Kush

'Red Wood Cutting'

[Image: vTbwAKw.jpg]

'Breakfast on the Lake'

[Image: JOcBpo7.jpg]
    Wiki says: "Joe Coleman is an American painter, illustrator and performance artist. He's best known for intricately detailed portraits of subjects both famous and infamous: artists, outlaws, serial killers, movies stars, friends, and family. He paints with a single-hair brush and uses a jewelers loupe; much of the detail is not visible to the naked eye. The majority of his portraits portray the central subject in the center of the canvas, lozenges containing biographical scenes and details from the subject's life ring the central image."

'Transvolution'

[Image: bfxu55T.jpg]

In my humble opinion, Joe Coleman art has to be viewed close up to see the tiny paintings within the painting, and to soak it all up i suppose. I've got his 'Cosmic Retribution' book and can honestly get lost in it for hours, mesmerised by both detail and subject.

This is a small section of a different painting, to give an idea of what you see when you scrutinise it closely:

[Image: IighQr3.jpg]
    I took a look at this here site: http://murraygarrett.com

It seems to me this fellow led a magical life. Regardless of how much fun he had during his working life, now that he has retired he has a web site and I'm guessing that people from all over the world send him greetings, post cards, messages, etc. to discuss his work and ask him about some of the fabulous people he interviewed and photographed.

[Image: bad-image.png]

Just take a look at the image above. This artist certainly knew what he was doing.

For anyone who doubts that photography is an art, just consider some of the artistic merit of this photo.

For example, the lighting. See how Marilyn is lit so that she appears to be the only person in that photo? That is just a great styling feature. It makes me want to look at her all day long and ignore everything else in that picture.

I'm guessing that any one of us would do very well to wind up at the end of our lives with a wife and the existence of a web site and a reputation that enables people to send us greetings and talk with us about the life we led.

What a wonderful life he has led.

I am green wit envy.
    (This post was last modified: 12-22-2012, 08:39 PM by AliShibaz.)
    @AliShibaz

Miss Norma Jeane Mortenson was a totem of a certain way to perceive art...
    You will remember surely Andy Warhol:

This was the start of the pop art, in my opinion a bananalization (forgive my stuttering Big Grin )

which was anyway tremendously influential on the contemporary art... and we got to say that mister Warhol had a clear foresight of the future (the motto above applies perfectly to Internet)

And he was also aware of what he was selling... the picture above is not a joke of mine: Big Grin

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_shit

Born to Be Wild
    Paul Cezanne (1839 - 1906)

Pyramid of Skulls

[Image: tmI3Fca.jpg]

The Three Skulls

[Image: vGFIYST.jpg]

Skull and Candlestick

[Image: mA9SFSH.jpg]
    Henry Matisse

[Image: cLUoIt8.jpg]

of small minds[
    I think that Paul Laffoley is amazing. Here's one of my most favorite pieces of his. It is, of course, called: The Solitron.

Click to enlarge
    [Image: YiNOlUN.jpg]
    (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013, 09:48 PM by System Folder.)

[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]
    Pablo Picasso

[Image: M9XG1Y4.jpg]

of small minds[