Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

wtf is wrong with directors these days?
a lot of people complain about "shaky-shaky-zoomy-zoomy", and i'm one of them.
but there's one other rather common plague with quite a few recent films.
color filtering. why the fuck would they make the images look like this:

[Image: wyqA2Aa.jpg]

when they should look like this?

[Image: G7YwUWW.jpg]

it's not that color can't be corrected. the problem is that most scenes are green
but some will be blue, and others will be orange, or yellow, or whatever.
so you can't just apply a single correction for the whole film.
you have to scan the whole goddamn film and take note of the timestamps
and adjust the filter differently with a bunch of trim() arguments.
and that's a pain in the ass.

"oh, but why would you wanna correct the color?
the director meant for the movie to look the way it looks."

i'll tell you why. because people's faces are not fucking green.

Angry
I thought I was the only one wondering about the colour.

Was it the downloads?? 4 or 5 copies of the same film for no better results and all along it's the fucking director's fault. Angry
Angry 
If a movie looks oddly colored then I just assume the director is going for some sort of mood. All of the choices the movie's production team make decide the mood of the movie and just as I would not go back and edit dialogue I felt to be unbelievable, or scrub out actors I do not like, I would never edit the colors of a movie.

If the final package does not appeal to me, I simply will not re-watch that movie. And to be perfectly honest, I doubt the coloring would be a huge factor in that.
yeah, just like the shaky-shaky tells you the situation is tense and the zoomy-zoomy tells you they're pretending to be making a documentary, the cold colors tell you something bad is happening, and the warm colors tell you the characters are safe for the moment, but here's the thing: i'm not a fucking moron. i don't need that shit, nor does the movie-watching population that happens not to be mentally retarded.
It seems like they are treating the viewers as morons, like we need extra cues because we're too retarded to work out what's going on. It happens on a lot of tv shows as well, like The Shield, and Sons of Anarchy. I don't need a sudden zoom-in of someone's face to let me know something important is going to be said or done. I don't need the colours to suddenly go darker to let me know someone's getting blown away or whatever. As much as I love those shows, I can't watch more than 2 episodes at a time because the shaky-shaky bollocks messes with my head. I've noticed the zoom-zoom crap has me moving my head forwards and backwards without realising it, until someone pointed it out.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
(09-04-2013, 11:24 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote: I've noticed the zoom-zoom crap has me moving my head forwards and backwards without realising it, until someone pointed it out.

lol
cinematography is a big factor in my movie preference. I have to agree with Bob on this one. I don't need green or yellow or blue lighting or lensing to help me feel the mood. Seems to me the actors and the setting should do that.
Fistfull of xanax
Avatar would have been so much better without the blue.
If the avatar people weren't blue, they would have looked like giant, mutated, space rats who had their fur removed.
[Image: MyUserBar2.gif]