Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
<
[-]
Welcome To Rant Central
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

tv shows you've recently watched
There's this really intriguing show on tv I've been getting into. The details to real life are really good. There are a few story lines.

One part is about this fire fighter that was trying to put out a fire in a building. While he was in there the building collapsed and he was taken to the hospital. You'd think they'd get more into it but then it cuts into another part of the story where this guy was arrested because he was drinking and driving. The accident happened because the roads where slippery due to a snow storm. I guess it was bad because they talked a lot about the storm... It would have been tough driving if he wasn't driving.

Once that was done, they started another storyline , people eating at a restaurant. Something happened there. I'm not sure if it was a fire or something else.

I'm thinking, is this restaurant fire connected to the fire where the fireman got hurt?? Is this a story about arson?? But then, what does the guy that got arrested for drunk driving fit into all of this?? Very interesting story indeed.

I hit the info button on the remote to see what the name of this was, so I can DVR it . If you guys want to look into it look it up. The show is called: NEWS.
I recently started watching The Americans.

It's about a couple of Russian Agents living in America who pretend to be good American citizens. They have two teenage children who know nothing of their background and the kids believe they are regular Americans.

It takes place around the time Regan was president and if you were alive during that time, it's a real interesting look at what was going on during the cold war at that time.

It stars Keri Russel as the wife and I think she is really great in this show. I can whole-heartedly recommend this show to all of you. I like it a lot.
Have watched first 2 episodes of Reign (TV Series 2013 - )
Hooked. Loving it.
It is the I gather it is not historically accurate; I don't care bcos I know very little.
Long live Mary !

Adelaide Kane who portrays Mary is perfect.

Quote:Chronicles the rise to power of Mary Queen of Scots (Kane) when she arrives in France as a 15-year-old, betrothed to Prince Francis, and with her three best friends as ladies-in-waiting. It details the secret history of survival at French Court amidst fierce foes, dark forces, and a world of sexual intrigue.
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
watched True Detective recently,what a great series

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356777/?ref_=nv_sr_1
consistency is the hobdob
of small minds[
(06-24-2014, 11:56 PM)radiobox Wrote: Have watched first 2 episodes of Reign (TV Series 2013 - )
Hooked. Loving it.

Thank you for telling us about this series.
I have now downloaded the entire first season via bit torrent.
It is available here: https://kickass.to/reign-tv34590/
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
- Robert A. Heinlein
I really hope you like it.
Watched episodes 3 and 4 yesterday and love it moar ( a word I've learnt here :-) )
The accent is not too British and the dialogues are crisp, so am able to follow it (with subs of course. hehe.)

Am using this one from TPB.
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10170354/...V.x264-QTL

This is a nice torrent I found sometime back.

David Alan Stern: Acting with an accent (14 English accents)
TPB Link
Am glad Mary doesn't speak English with a Scottish accent. :-)
Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash
[Image: tyrant-fx-title.jpg]

I have now downloaded and watched the first four episodes of the new series Tyrant produced by the FX network.

Premise:
Bassam "Barry" Al Fayeed is from the war-torn fictional country of Abbudin.
He has been living in self-imposed exile in Los Angeles for nearly 20 years.
Barry, the younger son of Abbudin's dictator, ends his exile to return with his American family to his homeland for his nephew's wedding.
His arrival leads to a dramatic culture clash, as he reluctantly returns to the familial and national politics he once left.
This is a serialized drama, which like the series Breaking Bad, shows an initially mild mannered man being slowly corrupted by the choices he makes.

[Image: Tyrant-FX-New-Show-Episode-1-Review.jpg]

It is filmed in the middle East, and the fictional country of Abbudin where it takes place is a lot like Syria used to be before the civil war.
Some outdoor shots have been filmed in Morocco, while the rest is filmed in various towns in Israel.
At around $3 million per episode, it is the most expensive TV drama series ever filmed in the middle East.
The series is targeted at an American audience, so all the dialogue is in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrant_%28TV_series%29

Download the episodes here:
https://kickass.to/usearch/Tyrant/
http://thepiratebay.se/search/Tyrant*/0/99/200
- Robert A. Heinlein
Completed watching all 22 episodes of "Reign" at last. Uniformly very good.
I've heard the 'second season' has been confirmed.

Watched 'Planet Food - Carribean' hosted by Merrilees Parker.
She was Mmmm-ing and Ooooh-ing all the way.
Fruits and veggies are so fresh over there and there is so much
variety in the food because of settlers from various cultures.
Lovely place and people.
[Image: 200px-The_Promise_(2011)_DVD_cover.jpg]

I just finished watching the TV miniseries The Promise.
It consists of four episodes that are around 83 minutes each.
The series shows the Israeli - Palestinian conflict both as it manifests itself today, and as it was in the days of the Jews' struggle for independence during the final days of the British Mandate for Palestine.
This is done by switching back and fort between present day sequences and sequences from the late 1940s.

The following subjects are depicted in the serial:
British liberation of Bergen-Belsen concentration camp
King David Hotel bombing
Ein Hawd and Ein Hod villages
The Sergeants affair – the kidnapping and murder of two British soldiers in Palestine
Israeli–Palestinian conflict in Hebron
Deir Yassin massacre by the Irgun
Battle of Haifa (1948)
1948 Palestinian exodus
Gaza–Israel conflict
House demolition in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict

This series represents the best visual introduction to the conflict that I have seen so far.
It was created by Peter Kosminsky for Channel 4 in England.
It has an 8.2 rating on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1692202/

You can download it here:
https://kickass.to/the-promise-2011-comp...33251.html

The episodes are also available on the Hulu subscription service.
The series has never been shown on network television in the United States.
- Robert A. Heinlein
Some very interesting tv shows being watched here. Yay

I recently watched the 1980's british comedy drama series, A Very Peculiar Practice, which ran from 1986 to 1992, starred Peter Davison as Dr Stephen Daker, and is set in a medical practice.

[Image: P7tVZcP.jpg]
L-R: Dr Rose Marie, Dr Robert 'Bob' Buzzard, Dr. Jock McCannon, Dr Stephen Daker

I'd never even heard of the show until a friend recommended it to me, and when I started watching the first series, found I couldn't turn it off. The humour is dry, witty, intelligent and leaves you chuckling hours after it's finished, and best of all, there's no canned laughter. The characters are very likeable, and one of my favourites was Dr Bob 'my name is Robert!' Buzzard.

[Image: VtTGLri.jpg]

Similar to Fawlty Towers' Basil Fawlty, Dr Buzzard is the epitomy of neurotic and completely falls to pieces when his wife leaves him to go live at her Mother's. His strong character could have carried a spin-off series and it's a shame they never made one.

Another favourite is the ultra scheming Dr Rose Marie, who is forever responding to the men around her 'as a woman'. You'd have to see it to see how manipuative and funny she is.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this is the best tv I've seen in a long, long time, and I was left wanting more. Two series were made, 7 episodes in each, plus a one-off special called 'A Very Polish Practice,' that came out in '92. I highly recommend this. Yay

IMDb, wiki, TPB.
"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Films You've Watched Recently Mark 766 243,334 04-01-2018, 03:11 AM
Last Post: radiobox
  Any Good Movies Or TV Shows? Gustavo Woltamnn 5 1,717 01-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Togachu
  TV shows that have not held up well and were a big disappointment AliShibaz 1 1,632 06-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Last Post: LZA