Current time: 04-23-2017, 08:51 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
tv shows you've recently watched
12-07-2012, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 10:07 AM by AliShibaz.)
RE: tv shows you've recently watched
I have to agree with Spud when she says that some of his tricks are easy to figure out.

Anytime you see someone walking on water, I would think the explanation has to be that they arranged somehow for someone to put some rocks or some other kind of device into the water that would not show to anyone on the surface but which they could "memorize" the location and be able to take a few steps on them and so appear to be walking on water.

But, of course, human beings cannot walk on water.

I think the one thing that many people might forget when watching his illusions is that the basic laws of science still must apply when watching him. I think that in order to make a reasonable guess as to how he does any of his illusions is to start with the premise that the laws of science must still remain in effect.

By doing that, you have a reasonable shot at explaining how he does some of these things.

But the one kind of trick he does that has me totally stumped is when he balances on one hand and stand with that one hand on a table.

I'd really like to know his personal history to find out if he ever had much experience with gymnastics.

But, even if he was the world's best gymnist, I still cannot explain how he does those illusions. They are amazing.

Overall, this guy is definitely the world's best illusionist - at least the best I have ever seen.

I take my hat off to him and give him my total respect.

re Northern Exposure:

I know some people who love this show so much they claim it is one of the very best shows ever made.

Personally, I never got that big a charge out of it. But I can see why they like it so much.

In order for me to like it so much, I would need for there to be a better female lead. The female lead they have just never seemed all that attractive to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Fuck! I can't believe this. I tried to reply to both Spud's post re Dynam as well as Spokium's post on Northern Exposure. But no matter how I tried, both replies seem to have gotten put together in one post.

I know there are two different buttons. One is called "New Reply" and I thought that is the button you need to click to have a reply be separate unto itself and not be lumped together with another of your replies. But, I just can't seem to get it working properly. I tried and I tried to get one reply separate and under Spud's post and the other reply separate and under Sporkium's post. But for some reason, they just kept getting lumped together.

Can anyone please explain to me what I did wrong and how I can get two replies to look like they are actually two diff replies?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
It's ok Ali, don't panic! At the bottom right hand corner of this post (and all posts) are several black boxes that say reply, quote, report etc (above where it says 'enter keywords' and 'search thread.') To quote a users post, just hover over the quote one and then click it. You can then paste the quote into your reply. You may find it helpful to open a new tab in order to get to the post you want to quote a bit quicker. I always hit the 'Preview post' button to make sure my post comes out the way i want it to, and if it's spot on, then i'll hit the 'Post reply' button. Hope this helps, and if you're ever stuck, feel free to pm me or another member of staff. Smile

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
12-07-2012, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 01:06 PM by AliShibaz.)
I recently made a post saying that I have recently been watching several older TV shows (from the 50s and 60s) and I gave some examples of some excellent shows.

But there are also some that were quite popular when they were on. AAMOF, they got to extend their run to many, many seasons. But IMO, they were just crap. Real big piles of steaming crap!

For example, The Flintstones. When I was 10 years old, I used to really enjoy this show and got many laughs from it. But I recently re-watched several episodes from a few diff seasons and I thought it was just terrible. I can't imagine what I found so good about this show so many years ago.

I suppose it must have been me who changed over the years.

Another show is Perry Mason. Unbelievably, it is rated quite high on IMDB. But many of the episodes are just terribly boring to watch. I suppose it did not hold up very well at all.

But, if anyone knows of any older TV shows that are high quality - either comedies or dramas or science fiction, I would love to hear about them.

If I should think of any more, both good and bad - I will post again to let you know.

(12-07-2012 10:33 AM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  It's ok Ali, don't panic! At the bottom right hand corner of this post (and all posts) are several black boxes that say reply, quote, report etc (above where it says 'enter keywords' and 'search thread.') To quote a users post, just hover over the quote one and then click it. You can then paste the quote into your reply. You may find it helpful to open a new tab in order to get to the post you want to quote a bit quicker. I always hit the 'Preview post' button to make sure my post comes out the way i want it to, and if it's spot on, then i'll hit the 'Post reply' button. Hope this helps, and if you're ever stuck, feel free to pm me or another member of staff. Smile

Hitting "Preview" before posting is an excellent suggestion.

Thank you ever so much Spuds!
12-07-2012, 02:45 PM
(12-07-2012 09:54 AM)AliShibaz Wrote:  re Northern Exposure:

I know some people who love this show so much they claim it is one of the very best shows ever made.

Personally, I never got that big a charge out of it. But I can see why they like it so much.

In order for me to like it so much, I would need for there to be a better female lead. The female lead they have just never seemed all that attractive to me.

so, what you are saying is that you can't enjoy a tv show because you are a pervert? Confused

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
12-07-2012, 09:32 PM
(12-07-2012 02:45 PM)sporkium Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 09:54 AM)AliShibaz Wrote:  re Northern Exposure:

so, what you are saying is that you can't enjoy a tv show because you are a pervert? Confused

I'm afraid the truth is far worse than that, Spork.

I can't enjoy my LIFE because I'm a prevert.
12-08-2012, 12:15 AM
sure you can... just get a bottle of lotion and start watching desperate housewives.

anyways... back to t.v. shows.

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.
12-31-2012, 05:11 AM
American Horror Story

[Image: mw14_zps68706598.jpg]

Wiki

IMDB

Awesome tv show that i found by accident after mispelling something in the pirate search bar. Atmospheric, moody, creepy, and totally compelling viewing with some first class acting from the likes of Jessica Lange. Season One is set in a house, while season 2 (which i'm halfway through) is set in an asylum. It's an anthology of sorts and what makes this show stand out from all the crap out there is the acting and characters that have real depth. There are many fan- run websites that discuss AMH in detail but i won't provide the links as they all contain show spoilers. Season 1 was a bit of a headfuck, but s.2 is just brilliant, either way, i was hooked from the opening episode, and i'm hoping there'll be a series 3, 4, etc.

Pirate link for season 1:

[tpb]https://tpb.ipredator.se/torrent/7185391/American_Horror_Story_Season_1_Complete_480p_BZINGAZ[/tpb]

Pirate link for episode 1 of season 1:

[tpb]https://tpb.ipredator.se/torrent/6723694/American.Horror.Story.S01E01.Pilot.HDTV.XviD-FQM.[VTV].avi[/tpb]

[Image: abc14_zps69fba4ec.jpg]

[Image: abc15_zps565ecfe1.jpg]

[Image: abc16_zpsbae9fdf3.jpg]

[Image: abc17_zpsebe54495.jpg]

[Image: abc12_zpseca5f26a.jpg]

[Image: abc10_zpsbc72bf94.jpg]

[Image: abc11_zps3c25ff1a.jpg]

[Image: abc13_zps8e6dd906.jpg]

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 05:19 PM by AliShibaz.)
I just recently started watching Blue Bloods because of some reccos that I saw in another forum.

Its a fairly good show. But it seems limited by it's one hour format that seems to always present a crime in the beginning and have it all resolved by the end of each episode.

I wonder if any of you may be familiar with this show or may remember an episode from early on in the first season. It was maybe Episode 3 or 4 from the first season. I know it's a long shot to hope that anyone here would remember this epi because it was from two years ago.

But this episode concerned a diplomat from Argentina whose son committed a rape but who had diplomatic immunity and the father refused to waive the son's immunity. But the cops found a way to prove that he had also committed a rape in Argentina and they pressured his father to give up the son's immunity or they would send him back to Argentina and he would stand trial there and surely be convicted (because they had evidence that was rock solid) and then he would be imprisoned in some infmous Argentnian prison that was really terrible. The alternative was to have him get a fair trial in New York and deal with the consequences there. So, the father waived the son's immunity and he was arrested and would presumably stand trial in NYC. Remember?

Anyway, the Statute of Limitations in New York for rape is 5 years according to this site:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2002/rpt/2002-R-0258.htm

So, this diplomat's family seemed very wealthy. Why wouldn't they just send the kid to some country that had no extradition with the USA or with Argentina and let him wait it out for 5 years?

I could be mistaken about this. But if I'm correct about this being a mistake, I'm just asking if the show was realistic or should they have maybe made it a different crime with a longer SoL (like murder which has none)?

By the way, IMO, 5 years is totally unreasonable for rape and I think that rape should have no SoL as does murder and other serious capitol crimes.
01-09-2013, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 01:31 AM by AliShibaz.)
After watching a few episodes of Blue Bloods (a cop show starring Tom Selleck), I got to wondering how his old Magnum PI show would stand up after 33 years. It ran from 1980 to 1988.

Surprisingly, it held up pretty good. I watched a few episodes from Season One and it was a lot of fun. I only watched a few episodes of this show during the 80s while it was being made and there are 8 seasons of it.

So, I feel like I should pass on this little "discovery" to anyone here who enjoys the "detective" genre. The show is good harmless entertainment.

I like it.

P.S.

Believe it or not, I downloaded both Blue Bloods and Magnum P.I. and after watching a few episodes of each, I finally erased all of Blue Bloods from my HD and kept Magnum P.I. Go figure!
03-30-2013, 12:16 PM
There is this new show from Oz called "Please Like Me". It's about some young man whose gf breaks up with him in the first 5 minutes of first episode bc he is gay.

It is also called "Josh". I dunno why it has two names. But many people really like it.

It is available on Youtube as "Josh" awa on TPB as "Please Like Me".

There are only 6 epis avail so far. But give it a try and see what you think?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Films You've Watched Recently Mark 754 176,866 01-15-2017 11:36 PM
Last Post: alexbfr
  Any Good Movies Or TV Shows? Gustavo Woltamnn 5 541 01-12-2017 05:30 PM
Last Post: Togachu
  TV shows that have not held up well and were a big disappointment AliShibaz 1 1,127 06-05-2013 08:49 PM
Last Post: LZA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)