Current time: 04-24-2017, 10:07 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
tv shows you've recently watched
11-01-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: tv shows you've recently watched
Ali - total lols to you hating Deborah Morgan from tv show 'Dexter', and for finding her creepy XD I think she's fucking awesome and cool as fuck. Man, you would so not like me if you knew me in real life... i swear like frig, and like Morgan, if someone pisses me off or gets right in my face, i react.

Recently, i've been checking out a new tv show called '666 Park Avenue'. It's currently being shown on a Sunday night in the US, and it's set in an apartment building called The Drake, in New York.

[Image: pa1_zps6a8d507a.jpg]

The show reminds me of the movie, 'The Devil's Advocate,' in that there is a bit of the supernatural to it, although, having only seen a few episodes, i'm not 100% sure. The opening episode was both interesting and entertaining (in a popcorn sorta way) so i carried on watching.

For cast list, see this link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2197797/synopsis

and to see what other people thought of it, see here:

http://www.tv.com/shows/666-park-avenue/

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 06:56 AM by Togachu.)
Human Target. Not going to write much about it.. It was ok, probably fun, depends on how much you pay attention or not, I did not pay that much attention. But I did like it tho. Only 2 seasons out, run and watch! Big Grin

"A unique bodyguard masquerades as his clients in order to draw out and eliminate threats to their lives."
Stolen from IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1439741/

[Image: human-target-reviewjpg-436d794c8e035c7b_large.jpg]

meh
11-06-2012, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 04:46 PM by Bunny.)
I have currently started watching the show "Missing" starring Ashley Judd.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1828246/

[Image: 1(106).jpg]

RC IS THE SICKNESS THAT MAKES MY MIND GO ROUND-BUNNY
11-25-2012, 02:15 AM
i've been watching Dynamo: Magician Impossible, and he pisses all over misery-guts David Blaine.

[Image: hp66_zpsbf97e5b7.jpg]

Dynamo, or Steven Frayne, from Bradford, Yorkshire, first grabbed my attention on MTV's 'Barrio 19,' a couple of years ago. He's very likeable and down to earth, and watching him perform is just like watching an old friend have fun. Some of his tricks are easy to figure out, while others defy reason and logic. The trick that got everyone talking was when he walked on the river Thames in London.

[Image: hp67_zpse9f30ab3.jpg]

There's been 2 series of his show, both of which you can dl from piratebay, or they can be viewed on youtube:

http://www.thepiratebay.se/search/dynamo/0/99/0

http://www.tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/search/dynamo/0/99/0

sample compilation on youtube:

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1999525/

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_(magician)

"everyone wants to win but no one wants to drink a bucket of sj's piss" - bob5695
11-25-2012, 05:27 AM
i also watched all the dynamo episodes....he's a great magician Yay

this trick was my favorite

I don't sugarcoat anything.....do i look like willy fucking wonka to you
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks to those who put me on to Dynamo Smile

As suggested I downloaded and watched absolutely fascinating mindboggling stuff XDXDXD
11-28-2012, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 12:58 AM by AliShibaz.)
(11-01-2012 02:11 PM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  Ali - total lols to you hating Deborah Morgan from tv show 'Dexter', and for finding her creepy XD I think she's fucking awesome and cool as fuck. Man, you would so not like me if you knew me in real life... i swear like frig, and like Morgan, if someone pisses me off or gets right in my face, i react.

You know, I don't know that it is necessarily true that just because two people have wildly different tastes in TV shows or movies means they won't like each other. I really don't know for sure. But what do I know?

Anyway, I find that I am spending an awful lot of time recently watching older TV shows. I have found that some of the older TV shows from the 50s and 60s are surprisingly good and hold up awfully well.

As a a matter of fact, you would not believe just how often some of the plots from those shows have been recycled and used again in todays' shows. It is really quite strange just how often that happens.

Some of the best of those shows include: Maverick (a smart Western with James Garner and Jack Kelly and Roger Moore.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050037/

The Rockford Files - my most favorite detecive series ever. It contains about 100 great episodes - most are romantic adventures and action shows. But some are also hilarious comedies - especially those with Stuart Margolin playing Angel. If you get ahold of any of these, I strongly recommend that you especially watch the ones with Stuart Margolin. What a hoot!

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour

Fabulous Documentaries

There are some wonderful documentaries available that purport to educate people on all kinds of subjects about the physical world we live in. I suppose it takes a certain kind of mind to enjoy these shows and most people would consider them to be boring and stuffy minds but I find these topics to be just fascinating and they are presented in these documentaries in a truly enjoyable and fascinating way. They include, among other things:

Connections - a magnificent British show about the history of technology. This series will keep you entertained for weeks and weeks.

Life in Cold Blood - about reptiles and amphibians

The following shows are all wonderful. Strangely enough, they also all happen to be British:

Nature's Great Events
Power of the Planet
Trials of Life

And, there are many many more of these. Most are produced by the BBC and I have found that I can easily spends days and days watching and learning from these series.

Life on Earth

Life in Nature

The Mechanical Universe

If you were like me, when it came to Physics maybe you never paid all that much attention in high school and university but now, you would love to understand some of the great and important work done by the giants of Physics like: Newton, Einstien and some of the other greats.

Well, this series (from a famous Californian university) contains close to 100 seminars and lectures for the Physics university student from about 1st and 2nd years. If you are interested in some of the pivotal moments of Physics and some of the great experiments performed by famous physicists such as Milliken, Gallileo, Keppler, etc. this series explains them all. These shows are far more entertaining than you would expect. They are also educational but that does not necessarily mean they are boring or stuffy.

This series also covers many key areas of Physics - including Electricity and Magnetism, Molecular and Atomic theory, Quantum Mechanics and Relativity.

It is amazingly informative and I truly loved it.

I have found many more of these and if anyone wants to know more, just post here and I will try to update this list and tell you about more of these educational, documentaries re the scientific world.
11-28-2012, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2012 12:23 PM by AliShibaz.)
Re: Dynamo

I loved his trip to Brazil and watching him interact with all the Brazilians. It was great!

(11-01-2012 02:11 PM)Spudgun17 Wrote:  The show reminds me of the movie, 'The Devil's Advocate,' in that there is a bit of the supernatural to it, although, having only seen a few episodes, i'm not 100% sure. The opening episode was both interesting and entertaining (in a popcorn sorta way) so i carried on watching.

For cast list, see this link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2197797/synopsis

and to see what other people thought of it, see here:

I can't imagine why this show would have reminded you of The Devil's Advocate.

But since I haven't seen this show yet, I can't really express an opinion on that.

But I wanted to say how much I enjoyed The Devil's Advocate.

I thought it was great and I thought Al Pacino was in his greatest form ever. IMO, it may have been his finest performance ever. What an enjoyable film. I've never heard from anone who didn't love that movie.
11-30-2012, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 10:28 PM by AliShibaz.)
Just another thought about Deborah Morgan.

Are you familiar with the expression, "One trick pony"?

I ask because I think it may be an American expression and most Brits may not have heard of it.

Sorry, if I'm mistaken about that.

Anyway, I don't really object to women who are, "in your face". But the thing about Deborah Morgan is that she just doesn't seem to have anything else in her repetoire.

She is always "in your face" and is never anything else. After a couple of episodes, I just couldn't take it anymore.
12-07-2012, 03:40 AM
(10-21-2012 09:11 PM)sporkium Wrote:  alrighty... today, i will begin watching an old t.v. show from the 90's that i have refused to watch over the last ten years so that when i did re-watch it, i could experience it as if it had been the first time.... that show is:

Wiki Wrote:Northern Exposure is an American television series that ran on CBS from 1990 to 1995, with a total of 110 episodes. It dealt with New York doctor Joel Fleischman, who is sent to practice in the, fictional, town of Cicely, Alaska. Early episodes dealt with Fleischman's culture shock in the small town. As he got acclimated more attention was paid to the town's quirky residents.

[tpb]4411662[/tpb]

from what i can remember, the writing for this show was top-notch... creative... relevant... quirky and funny.

i would compare the creativity of the show to twin peaks... but for those of you who remember that show... it got seriously fouled up towards the end and basically killed the entire series.

oh, and this show DOES star
[Image: janine-turner-07.jpg]

i actually finished watching this a while ago, but i forgot about this post.

yep. this show is as fucking awesome as i remember.

towards the end of the last season (episode 102), we say goodbye to dr. fleishman during his quest for the mythical jeweled city of the north... which when found, takes the dr. home... where his heart has always been.

the remaining eight episodes aren't necessary to watch, but tie up the other main character's stories really well... and life goes on.
the music didn't bother me as much as it did other fans, but one thing that did fucking bother me was at the end of episode 102, there was a song that was made just for the show since the royalties were too expensive for the original song... and it sounds awesome, but you only get a minute of it until it fades to the credits. i want that fucking song! Angry

here's the song: [mp3]http://kiwi6.com/file/b8uh26s5vd[/mp3]

"Yeah. I understand the mechanics of it, shithead. I just don't understand how this is any less retarded than what I'm suggesting." - Kiley; Housebound.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Films You've Watched Recently Mark 754 176,927 01-15-2017 11:36 PM
Last Post: alexbfr
  Any Good Movies Or TV Shows? Gustavo Woltamnn 5 543 01-12-2017 05:30 PM
Last Post: Togachu
  TV shows that have not held up well and were a big disappointment AliShibaz 1 1,128 06-05-2013 08:49 PM
Last Post: LZA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)